• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Perennial 2-9 team

Beacon

Congrats to our coaching staff for taking this 2-9 team to 4-4. I believe the journey from the cellar to a championship is a two year trek which begins at .500 in year one. Our coaches are doing amazing and should be given huge accolades as we close the season. This team is playing very competitive and could be 6-2. Let's close strong!

That’s a great post. Yes let’s finish 2017 strong, still plenty of work left on the schedule. if we win out and have a 7-4 record overall, with a win over a FBS team (Nevada is only 1-7 I know but has been playing much better the last three weeks), might we be able to get into the playoff? Sneak peak to next season, I notice we get to skip eastern Washington again, we skip Montana, we skip southern Utah (who is in a great spot to win the big sky conference title this season), and we skip Sacramento State who is going to be real good next year also with that QB and who is going to push for a playoff spot this season. That’s potentially not a bad league schedule next season.

I love the offensive power!!
It’s great to see other teams give up when we poor on the gas!

Let’s keep on the throttle and finish the year strong!

demian said:
That’s a great post. Yes let’s finish 2017 strong, still plenty of work left on the schedule. if we win out and have a 7-4 record overall, with a win over a FBS team (Nevada is only 1-7 I know but has been playing much better the last three weeks), might we be able to get into the playoff? Sneak peak to next season, I notice we get to skip eastern Washington again, we skip Montana, we skip southern Utah (who is in a great spot to win the big sky conference title this season), and we skip Sacramento State who is going to be real good next year also with that QB and who is going to push for a playoff spot this season. That’s potentially not a bad league schedule next season.

7-4 ISU team probably wouldn't be enough for the playoffs.

Amazing strides in one season. I don't know the story behind the chant the team does at the beginning of Q4 when they fly the Jolly Roger but I was sitting up close yesterday and the energy and enthusiasm by the team with Phoenicie right in the middle of it was a sight to behold! Kudos to the coaching staff for changing culture and instilling confidence to win--a huge task for a program that has struggled for years--and kudos to the players for buying in and putting in the work.

I should also note that the professional and sportsmanlike conduct of the players both on and off the field does not go unnoticed. My seventh grader came home one day this week and told my wife and I about how friendly the ISU football player is that student teaches his PE class and how he took an interest in one of the less popular kids in class. That's what you call making a difference.

bhumble said:
demian said:

7-4 ISU team probably wouldn't be enough for the playoffs.

You might be right. Be a close call I think. I noticed Cal Poly got into playoff last season at 7-4 overall and 3 losses in conference. We might be one of those On The Bubble type teams, who would have to sweat it out on selection day.

Irwin M. Fletcher said:
Amazing strides in one season. I don't know the story behind the chant the team does at the beginning of Q4 when they fly the Jolly Roger but I was sitting up close yesterday and the energy and enthusiasm by the team with Phoenicie right in the middle of it was a sight to behold! Kudos to the coaching staff for changing culture and instilling confidence to win--a huge task for a program that has struggled for years--and kudos to the players for buying in and putting in the work.

I should also note that the professional and sportsmanlike conduct of the players both on and off the field does not go unnoticed. My seventh grader came home one day this week and told my wife and I about how friendly the ISU football player is that student teaches his PE class and how he took an interest in one of the less popular kids in class. That's what you call making a difference.

I love that the ISU football player took a special interest in the less popular kid. That is so important. Great post

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

A[quote="Irwin M. Fletcher" post_id=4904

The coaching staff chose to emphasize the importance of this game by designating it to be a Black Flag Game. It will be a new tradition to help provide energy and motivation in preparing for and playing an important game. The players obviously enjoy it. It was fun watching them on the sideline before the start of the 4th Quarter. That's also why the team wore black uniforms. Just another emphasis on the Black Flag Game.

Latest posts

Back