• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Phenicie-Stitt Dispute

Skippy

Lots of fun stuff on E-Griz today surrounding the dispute between the ISU and Montana coaches. It's fun to see a little heat injected into the rivalry. Stitt's comments about Phen included, "When you become a head coach you have to act like one." Too bad these two teams don't meet again next year.

Interesting article from 406 MT Sports on the dispute. http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/stitt-discounts-criticism-from-idaho-state-coach/article_42d258ae-db3d-5d22-9c91-1c32520479a6.html

I know i don't have a dog in the fight, but as a former player, and watching the game on Saturday, you could tell some shady stuff was going on on almost every pile up.

Unfortunately you could also tell that it was affecting the play of the Bengals.

You could also tell that Coach Phen. got under Stitt's skin.... Even before the game started.....All i am saying is something was up.

I hope that ISU bounces back next week with a perfect game. I think that would go a long ways with media, fans and the future of the program.

Bottom line: Stitt feels Coach Phen's cleats climbing up the BigSky ladder, & eventually his back. This was a lucky win for UM, we are right there and they know it!

Stitt can couch it anyway he wants, but he's scared, & his comments were calculated, dismissive insults from a yesterday's news coach who knows he will be upstaged, soon. Very soon.

What he doesn't realize? This is exactly the fuel Coach P will use to overtake him. (A fool's move to insult an up&comer who "will" outcoach you, that is just a fact). Just put a bigger red X on his back. I can't wait for the next hand shake (w/ISU's foot on the UM programs throat). This years team ain't your father's Oldsmobile.

"Bengal Fans"- Time to get on board! Go Bengals!

Razorpa said:
Bottom line: Stitt feels Coach Phen's cleats climbing up the BigSky ladder, & eventually his back. This was a lucky win for UM, we are right there and they know it!

Stitt can couch it anyway he wants, but he's scared, & his comments were calculated, dismissive insults from a yesterday's news coach who knows he will be upstaged, soon. Very soon.

What he doesn't realize? This is exactly the fuel Coach P will use to overtake him. (A fool's move to insult an up&comer who "will" outcoach you, that is just a fact). Just put a bigger red X on his back. I can't wait for the next hand shake (w/ISU's foot on the UM programs throat). This years team ain't your father's Oldsmobile.

"Bengal Fans"- Time to get on board! Go Bengals!

Nice post.

Felt the need to create an account to address this. My football career at ISU ended a couple years ago, so I played against the Griz while Stitt was the coach. And I can attest to the fact that they are absolutely a dirty team on the field. While stuff is always happening at the bottom of piles I can say for a fact that Montana and Weber are the two worst teams in terms of being scumbags on the field. I would put them right up there with BYU in how dirty their players are. Stitt claiming his team doesn't talk or do cheap shots either makes him totally out of touch with his team, or a liar.

Montana is always going to be arrogant. They've been the big fish in the Big Sky for a long time and their players have some self entitlement in thinking they are above the law. And that has shown with their team on and off the field.

livetocutblock81 said:
Felt the need to create an account to address this. My football career at ISU ended a couple years ago, so I played against the Griz while Stitt was the coach. And I can attest to the fact that they are absolutely a dirty team on the field. While stuff is always happening at the bottom of piles I can say for a fact that Montana and Weber are the two worst teams in terms of being scumbags on the field. I would put them right up there with BYU in how dirty their players are. Stitt claiming his team doesn't talk or do cheap shots either makes him totally out of touch with his team, or a liar.

Montana is always going to be arrogant. They've been the big fish in the Big Sky for a long time and their players have some self entitlement in thinking they are above the law. And that has shown with their team on and off the field.

Great post. Thanks for all you gave to the ISU football team.

Believer and live to cut, thanks for playing for the Bengals. And right now nothing would make me happier than to see Montana lose the rest of their games this year! As a side note you probably remember when Sage Burmeister, from La Jolla, CA, played receiver for us back in 2014. Anyway he played four games for us that year and the next year transferred to Humboldt State in California. His brother, Braxton, now starts at QB for Oregon as a true freshman, and Saturday evening his Ducks were completely dismantled by Wazzu in Eugene. But Braxton is a very good athlete and has a lot of potential -- probably a much better athlete than Sage ever was.

Latest posts

Back