• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Podcast with Jeff Cook on His Whole Career

LamarMatic

How are you doing, Bengals fans?

I had former Idaho State forward Jeff Cook on my podcast and naturally we spent a decent amount of time talking about the 1976-77 season and his success with the Bengals. The whole conversation lasts almost an hour as we got into his whole basketball career.

Felt like some of you might be interested in this and I hope you guys are alright with me coming here and doing some self-promotion. If it's against the rules of your board, then I apologize and I won't do so again. I'm just looking for a way or place to reach Idaho State fans.

Link for the whole episode:
https://lamarmatic.com/2017/02/20/the-handle-podcast-jeff-cook-022017/

Or if you prefer going straight to iTunes, here's the link for the podcast itself:
https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/the-handle/id1037910919

Cheers!

LamarMatic said:
How are you doing, Bengals fans?

I had former Idaho State forward Jeff Cook on my podcast and naturally we spent a decent amount of time talking about the 1976-77 season and his success with the Bengals. The whole conversation lasts almost an hour as we got into his whole basketball career.

Felt like some of you might be interested in this and I hope you guys are alright with me coming here and doing some self-promotion. If it's against the rules of your board, then I apologize and I won't do so again. I'm just looking for a way or place to reach Idaho State fans.

Link for the whole episode:
https://lamarmatic.com/2017/02/20/the-handle-podcast-jeff-cook-022017/

Or if you prefer going straight to iTunes, here's the link for the podcast itself:
https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/the-handle/id1037910919

Cheers!

Thanks Jeff probably had the longest, most productive NBA career of the guys from that team. I enjoyed visiting with him when he was back for the 40th anniversary. Hard to believe how quickly time goes by.

Skippy said:
Thanks Jeff probably had the longest, most productive NBA career of the guys from that team. I enjoyed visiting with him when he was back for the 40th anniversary. Hard to believe how quickly time goes by.

Yeah, he played four times as many minutes in the NBA as Steve Hayes did, who was the only other player to have any sort of a prolonged career. I wonder what's the reason for that since Jeff himself admitted that some of the other guys were more important players for the Bengals. I guess that it might have something to do with the fact that he just knew his role everywhere he went.

Or, perhaps, that's just the way it happens with the pro game sometimes. There isn't always a direct correlation between success in college and the NBA.

Cool to hear that you enjoyed that 40th anniversary.

spudbowl said:
Thanks for posting this. I got to talk to Jeff Cook at the 40 year reunion. Class act.
That's great to hear. I can also only say the best things about Jeff from my experience of interviewing him.

Thanks for the comment!

Latest posts

Back