• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Police cite FB players

Bengal Roar

This was on the news last night and the below info was taken from the journal today. IMO- If you can't live by the rules then we don't need you Plain and Simple. A few players need to buck the hell up and quit tarnishing the ISU football teams reputation. Its not that hard to follow rules and laws guys.

Police cite ISU football players

BY JOHN BULGER

An Idaho State University football player has been dismissed from the program after an incident last week in which he and two other players were cited by police for misdemeanor alcohol and marijuana possession.
ISU Intermim Athletic Director Jeff Tingey confirmed that Brandon Green, 19, has been dismissed from the team due to the incident. Tingey said that Green was meted out the punishment of dismissal due a history of breaking team rules. Green was cited with possession of marijuana in the incident.
Tingey said the two other players were also cited in the incident and will be subjected to punishment. Jake Rouser, 18, was cited for underage possession of alcohol and Todd Nakano, 19, was cited with possession of marijuana. Both charges are misdemeanors.
Nakano has been suspended from the team by Tingey for spring and summer semesters. He will have to perform 60 hours of community service and undergo counseling at ISU’s counseling center.
Rouser has been put on probation and will have to perform 40 hours of community service and undergo counseling as well.
Tingey said the punishments were determined by him, and that other punishments could be handed down by ISU administration and head football Coach John Zamberlin.

Wow, this is sad. How could kids be so stupid to throw away opportunity. Never figure it out,

Bengal Roar said:
This was on the news last night and the below info was taken from the journal today. IMO- If you can't live by the rules then we don't need you Plain and Simple. A few players need to buck the hell up and quit tarnishing the ISU football teams reputation. Its not that hard to follow rules and laws guys.

Police cite ISU football players

BY JOHN BULGER

An Idaho State University football player has been dismissed from the program after an incident last week in which he and two other players were cited by police for misdemeanor alcohol and marijuana possession.
ISU Intermim Athletic Director Jeff Tingey confirmed that Brandon Green, 19, has been dismissed from the team due to the incident. Tingey said that Green was meted out the punishment of dismissal due a history of breaking team rules. Green was cited with possession of marijuana in the incident.
Tingey said the two other players were also cited in the incident and will be subjected to punishment. Jake Rouser, 18, was cited for underage possession of alcohol and Todd Nakano, 19, was cited with possession of marijuana. Both charges are misdemeanors.
Nakano has been suspended from the team by Tingey for spring and summer semesters. He will have to perform 60 hours of community service and undergo counseling at ISU’s counseling center.
Rouser has been put on probation and will have to perform 40 hours of community service and undergo counseling as well.
Tingey said the punishments were determined by him, and that other punishments could be handed down by ISU administration and head football Coach John Zamberlin.

Good riddance. These clowns all deserve to be bounced. Open up some slots for deserving young men who appreciate their gifts and the gift of an education and who will make the ISU football program proud. Pride is based on more than what happens on the gridiron.

I am not making excuses for their actions but these are still just young adolescents that are not immune to experiencing these teen years. It is easy for some of us older adults to judge...I for one experienced my college days to the fullest....Some people get caught but the majority don't....We here in Idaho have a religious group that are eager to judge...This is not BYU...The Idaho State Journal loves to dig up dirt on Idaho State athletes....I have heard of other players that have been in trouble but their names never released because probably the Journal didn't pick up on their names and didn't report it. I hope these young men learn and grow from this and I wish them luck.

you're an idiot. yep, that's right...only LDS folk judge. you don't have to say to say it moron. let's think about these "boys". they screwed up and they know it, now we all know it. sometimes embarassment is a key to making young people right their ship. but hey, let's just find a way to point the finger at "a religious group". don't be such a coward...tell us your true feelings toward the LDS church!! anything to deflect attention from these dumb "boys".

GOBIGORANGE, I appreciate your empathy for 18-19 years olds who make bad decisions, but the rest of your post is nonsense. You are saying that the Journal should give a pass to ISU athletes when reviewing the police log or trolling the courthouse for newsworthy events. The reality is that the public is interested in college and professional athletes when they do both good and bad. You are also saying that the dismissal of the one athlete for "a history of breaking team rules" would not have occurred if not for "a religious group that is eager to judge." Yet athletes all over the country are dismissed from their teams for criminal conduct or for repeated violations of team rules. The fact that only one of the three athletes were dismissed indicates that their youth and their track record were considered.

I am not going to get in a pissing match on this board re: mormons. My response was posted after the post above mine was posted. It is my opinion that the LDS faithful do judge...I was not raised in Idaho and am not a mormon and a huge percentage of players that come to ISU are also not LDS. I do respect the current coaching staff regarding their disciplinary actions and I am not a fan of the Journal (0bviously). If you will notice when Boise players and many others are disciplined the Statesman will usually report the players were caught breaking team rules and then they leave it at that. I am by no means saying players getting caught should not be disciplined but I am telling you I believe Coach Z is very capable of dishing the discipline out and I know he will be fair. I have a right to my opinion and not everyone that lives in Pocatello shares the same opinion as mormons.

I'll have to disagree with you on newspapers not reporting on players when they get arrested. There's not a newspaper in the Big Sky that would not report on such incidents. The Missoulian ran a story on Ceylon Elgin-Taylor getting busted for DUI, for example, just recently. I've read numerous articles in the Statesman over the years about BSU athletes and their run-ins with the law. (If it helps, the folks in Boise are constantly ragging on the Statesman for "over-reporting" such incidents.)

The debate over what standard of behavior to hold college athletes is as old as college athletics itself. Bottom line: if you're a college athlete, you WILL be held to a higher standard, whether that's fair or not. So don't do anything stupid and you'll be okay. Did I did stupid things when I was in college? Absolutely, but nobody cared about such a non-athletic geek getting in trouble!

I'm definitely not mormon and I say that the team should be rid of these bozos! Hold the team and the athletes to a high standard and if they don't like it, then don't play here. Honor and integrity know no religious, cultural, and racial bounds.
Oh, I hope they weren't traumatized by their events and the intervention of the police department. Perhaps a counseling session and some herbal tea would help? Poor babies. HIT THE ROAD!

Don't you think your over reacting a bit. Kid's make mistakes, they do things there not supposed to do. It's all part of the learning experience. What pisses me off more than anything is people who pass judgement, harsh judgement on kids for doing something that kids do. I did things when I was young, partied hard, lived life to the fullest, now I work in a classified facility and live a productive life, just like millions of other people have done and are doing now. What asses like you guys want to do is ruin a kids life before they even get started. In reality what did these kids do? Smoke a little dope, drink and have fun, sound like real criminals to me. Sounds like Green pushed the bubble harder than the other two, but who did he hurt other than himself? No one. Some here want to be affended or imply they were damaged by what happens with these athletes do, reality is. ISU is bigger than they are, there actions have no effect at all on me or the universty. Frankly, I have never met someone who did not do something in their life that the could be ashamed of or someone else could have passed judgement on. Whats that saying about those who throw stones, think about it. As for the urinal; did I really need to know Green was busted for smoking dope, no I didn't. All I needed to know was he was dismissed from the team for violating team rules, what he did is not something I need to know. I also don't care if Romo dates Jessica Simpson or when Paris Hilton was arrested last. In other words find something else to worry about than what a nineteen year old kid did.

Latest posts

Back