• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Portland State upsets #7 Gonzaga, 77-70

isusuperfan

I know it's unrelated, but this was worth posting on here. Discuss significance of this upset. I know you all can

I'm really happy about this. What a great day in sports -- when PSU beats Gonzaga in basketball, and BSU loses to TCU in football.

that just makes me feel even worse about our performance of late

this is bad, very bad

every Bengal fan should be concerned, we are no where close to being that competitive and it doesn't appear as if we will be anytime soon, so much for the we will be good come conference argument

"so much for the we will be good come conference argument"...

So much for that $100 bet that I offered you. Shoot, lets make it $200. C'mon take advantage of me, I am betting on emotion! Better yet, my $200 to your $100!

cub you need help!

C'mon bro, this sucks

we looked awful again today against the 20th ranked team in America and they are beating the #7 team at home

we need to get serious about our offense and our rotations IMMEDIATELY, we are in deep trouble

Idaho State looked horrible today. I have some concerns as well--some of the same that you do.

However, your statement was meant to strike a chord and it did. Don't hate on me for still believing in this coaching staff and the team.

My offer of a bet to you simply shows that I am willing to stand by what I say and stick by this team.

This was a thread meant to complement Portland State in victory--not a thread meant for you to slam fans that believe in defeat.

cub, I believe in the team I always have, you know that, we need an offensive commitment and strategy along with tight rotations

we have seen little or NO improvement on the offensive side of things, I wont restate the obvious, but we do nothing to help our players

I have every bit of confidence that they will and I stand by what I said...this team will be very good in the BSC.

If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

PSU Win:

It was the first win by a Big Sky team over a ranked team since Montana upset No. 20 Nevada in the first round of the 2006 NCAA tournament. It was the biggest regular-season upset by a Big Sky team since Eastern Washington stunned No. 10 St. Joseph at a neutral site in 2001.

In 1977, Idaho State upset No. 2 UCLA in the NCAA Tournament. Weber State upset No. 11 Michigan State in the 1995 NCAA Tournament, and No. 13 North Carolina in the 1999 NCAA Tournament. Other upsets of note this decade by Big Sky teams include Cal State Northridge's upset of No. 15 UCLA in 2000 at Pauley Pavilion, and Montana's upset of No. 17 Stanford in 2002 in Palo Alto.

Looks like ISU owns the conf record for win over the highest ranked team.

Associated Press Top 25 Final Season Poll - Big Sky Teams

Year Team Ranking
1969 Weber State 17th
1971 Weber State 20th
1972 Weber State 19th
1973 Weber State 18th
1980 Weber State 17th
1982 U of Idaho 8th

Since 1982 no Big Sky team has ever finished a season ranked in the top 25. The closest team since '82 was the 2003 undefeated Weber State team who finished 30th in the AP poll.

What no one took into account was that PSU was obviously on and Gonzaga was obviously off...remember it was tied going into the final minute. Arizona State was on and Idaho State was off...hence the result of 35 points....normally with both teams playing the way they can, it's closer than that.

Jay Bilas said this and he is dead on...most teams play 30 games. Three or four you play WAY OVER your head, three or four you play WAY UNDER and the other 22-24 is what you are. Think back to last year...Northern Colorado at our place...WAY over their heads. EWU at PSU last year..WAY OVER there head....but PSU was playing a normal game at home, so they held on.

It's interesting, but I refuse to fall into the doomsday attitude of protege...we won't know til we get there.

ISUSID

I want what your smokin!

you can spin this however you want, we DONT have an offense and we sub for NO reason - tonight is making the case again! - WE SHOULD BE WINNING THIS GAME!

You know, I know we are having trouble on offense. It makes crazy sometimes. But uhhh Protege...

WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU, ME, OR ANYONE HERE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!?!

I am so close to beating the tar outta you. I don't care how big or tall you are. I'll take you on gladly

What is with you and the drug metaphor? Are you trying to tell us something?

I'm getting tired of the damn doomsday talk. If you're so obsessed with losing and negativity, go somewhere else. We will gladly accept logical explanations, not the constant, "omfg we're doomed" approach.

I have dealt with worse in sports and my personal life. Setbacks at ISU don't faze me one damn bit. If I were to give up on ISU just because we're having scoring issues, I'd never be able to enjoy sports again.

Setbacks and failures? Bring it. A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor teams without trials and tribulations.

I'm willing to be patient-I'll wait my entire life if it comes to that.

Besides, you haven't answered my question, boy...what are you gonna do about it?

Latest posts

Back