• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Post Register Sports

sasquatch

Why anybody would willingly read the sports section from the Post Register is beyond me. Hell, why anybody would read that paper at all is beyond me. 99% of the sports page is comprised of AP wire stories. I don't think they even send a reporter to cover ISU sports, they just use the AP report. Sometimes they might have a front page story of Idaho losing a game to LA Tech, and they relegate ISU to a 3rd or 4th page. Other times, they might put ISU on the front page, but only if they can put a bigger BYU story there first.

After BYU played at ISU, they ran a column wondering why ISU hiked ticket prices for that game. They ran correspondance from somebody who claimed he was exploited and would never attend another ISU game. When myself, and apparently others, wrote and pointed out to the PR that BYU also raised basketball ticket prices for high demand games, like Utah, they never presented "the other side."

Which brings me to last week. Some genius was quick to post on here a story which the PR "reported." It claimed some local product was offered a partial scholarship to Montana, and this genius took it to post here, twice, that ISU failed to identify his talent and sign him. Turns out, the PR actually printed a correction this weekend that the guy, who wasn't offered by anybody else, was offered a partial scholarsip to WESTERN Montana. Oops. I notice the guy's posts on here are deleted, but of course he didn't post a follow up to make the correction. Throw a stone, cause some damage, run away. So much for being accountable.

Go Bengals!

Hey Sasquatch...I completely agree with you regarding The Post Register....I did not delete my posts ...I just got on here and realized they were deleted....Big difference between Montana and Montana Western!!! My apologies to whoevers feelings I hurt...but that article really stirred me up....I thought we had lost another player that could have been recruited by ISU....

As a member of the much-maligned (and occasionally well-deservedly so) media...might I just remind everyone that it doesn't pay to make a habit of believing everything you read or hear from the media. Coaches and programs often take heat because the MEDIA screws up...not the coaches.

The Post Register is not alone. The Idaho Statesman recently changed its format to a smaller paper size, combined previously separate sections and took their previously crappy newspaper and turned it into an Associated Press release. Pretty much, anyway.

Example... A couple of days ago, they had a headline on the top of the sports section telling eveyone that the Vandals' spring practices update is inside. Because of the "headline" you'd think that the update was more than four sentences. Four sentences! Anyway, they've made other changes... if you're a subscriber and your paper isn't delivered, they will no longer will be bringing a replacement paper. Instead, you either get a day's complimentary online edition access or your bill will be credited for the missed paper. I'm telling you that the state's largest newspaper will be available on line only.

The only reason I keep getting the Post-Register is ..... Oh, yeah let me see....the Sunday coupons and the weekly syndicated NY Times Sunday crossword. The sports section is woeful as has been demonstrated in the earlier posts. In fact, the news is about the same. Absolutely crap paper. But, it's the only game in Idaho Falls. We can't get an Idaho Statesman that I know of. And, the Journal is not seen in these parts. Having picked up a Journal on game days in Poky, I have to say I enjoy the football game coverage. At least they make an attempt and give some good info on that day's game like lineups and such.
I enjoy the Journal's on-line edition with the articles on ISU sports.

Latest posts

Back