• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Posting under multiple user accounts.

bengalcub

Look, I don't have a problem with you presenting your opinion. What I do have a problem with is when a person poses as two, three or four different posters in an attempt to sway opinion.

Please feel free to post, but stick to one account.

This happened quite a bit last basketball season, when a person used four accounts to create the illusion that his/her opinion was shared by many.

It will not be allowed to happen again.

I have never banned anyone from this site, but today I am going to ban my first.

The member is going under the usernames:
djabend25 bengalalumni44

I am really conflicted by doing this, but this appears to be someone that is only here to cause problems. This is not my board it is ours, so if others want this person reinstated, please feel free to offer your opinion. If the support is overwhelming, I will lift the ban. If it is not, the ban shall stay in place.

Please investigate the posts that this user is making prior to offering any opinion.

Thanks,

Cub

making another profile so you can publicly agree with yourself...maybe this guy has that split personalities disorder?

bengalcub said:
I have never banned anyone from this site, but today I am going to ban my first.

The member is going under the usernames:
djabend25 bengalalumni44

I am really conflicted by doing this, but this appears to be someone that is only here to cause problems. This is not my board it is ours, so if others want this person reinstated, please feel free to offer your opinion. If the support is overwhelming, I will lift the ban. If it is not, the ban shall stay in place.

Please investigate the posts that this user is making prior to offering any opinion.

Thanks,

Cub

I wouldn't have called the offender out publicly, but I support the ban. It wrecks the board if you get that going on.

I struggled with that, trust me I did.

In the future, I will do the same, because the message board community will ultimately decide the fate of the poster, not me. If this community shows overwhelming support to lift the ban, it will be.

This poster was warned, but instead of stopping, the intensity picked up.

It's one thing to be a "flamer". It's another thing to be guilty of trying to create a false and growing sense of backlash by pretending that there are many others that agree with you...when in reality it's just you. In most other circles we call that "election fraud".

This is America, let him speak his mind under one user name. What would this board be like with a bunch of orange Kool aid drinkers.

bhumble said:
This is America, let him speak his mind under one user name. What would this board be like with a bunch of orange Kool aid drinkers.

This option was already offered--please see the first post on this thread. ALL opinions are welcome. It was simply a request for this poster to stick to one username.

bhumble said:

The argument isn't that he wasn't being allowed to speak his mind. He was doing it, pretending to be several different people. He was warned, and apparently disregarded the warning. There has to be some kind of consequence.

I agree with you that anyone should be allowed to post their opinions and feelings, and that anyone else should be allowed to disagree with any opinion posted on the board. But for one person to use various ID's in an effort to make it appear there's a groundswell of support for one opinion when there is not is unethical and deceitful.

Can't two different people have an account from the same IP address? Are you sure it is one person or could it be two? If it is in fact one person with two user names ban one of the names but not both. Inform the person of what you're doing before you do it. My 2 cents

Go Bengals

I thought of that two Humble. However this involved two IP addresses and the posts were coming from both locations. One of the IP's was a dead give-away that this was the same person as both users posted from it.

As far as warning--I think that the warning was sufficient.

Latest posts

Back