• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Potential men's line-up?

RUHS

Wondering the den thoughts???
It looks like it's clear that Hansen, Solarin and what has to be Magot will be returning starters. Sounds like the Bradley kid has to be in the mix if everything goes through and he's eligible. I assume Fox or Luzcando will either start or be very in the mix. What about Ben Wilson, Evann Hall, Erick Nakken, Justin Smith and JUCO transfer Jason McClellan?
I don't hear much about those guys?

McClellan decommitted last fall. Evan Hall is a nice offensive threat off the bench, although he needs to up his shooting efficiency. I haven't seen Wilson play, but he's been described as an "energy guy" who will likely see minutes at either wing. He was not a big scorer in JC. Slavik and Bradley are going to have to score for us. Slavik from outside, Bradley from inside. Other teams will really focus on stopping Hansen so whoever is at PG is going to have to be productive offensively. Magot is the typical defensive stopper Bill likes at the bottom of his zone. He missed time last year with a bad foot, but I really like his athleticism. Any points we get from him will be a bonus. Nakken is a walk-on, so wouldn't expect him to see much time, but you never know.
Oh and my favorite Bengal, Jeff Solarin, is a 6-foot-2 rebounding monster who just works other teams to death.

One more note: Bill is a defense-first, 99 percent zone coach. So even though he took the reins off the offense last year, when it comes to playing time, whoever learns and commits to the defense first will get the minutes.

Nice reply!
I forgot about Slavick! Don't know much about him, not much written. Small high school in Texas? Looks big and athletic. What's his story? No video?

Slavik is a foreign student who played at a prep school in Texas. He had to sit out last year over an eligiblity snafu, so he got a year of practice time with the program. I haven't seen him play either, but he's described as typical Euro big man -- likes to play away from the basket, good passer and outside shooter.

I also left out Justin Smith -- I think he's probably one of the two or three best athletes on the team, but he really struggled offensively last year, when he was forced to play as a true freshman before he was ready because of eligibility problems with Slavik and others. I really am looking for him to make a quantum step up in production next year.

Latest posts

Back