• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Pre-Season Poll

Skippy

Just submitted my ballot for the Big Sky pre-season men's poll:
1. Weber
2. Montana
3. North Dakota
4. Idaho
5. ISU
6. EWU
7. Montana State
8. Sac State
9. Portland State
10. N. Colorado
11. NAU
12. S. Utah

Skippy, would you mind answering a few questions?

1) Which team was the most difficult to rank (and why)?

2) Which team in the top five do you think has the highest probability of not living up to preseason expectations?

3) Which team in the bottom seven has the highest probability of jumping up into the top five?

4) Other than Idaho State, which team are you most interested to watch (and why)?

5) Do you view Ethan Telfair as the "favorite" to win the Big Sky MVP?

Franko said:
Skippy, would you mind answering a few questions?

1) Which team was the most difficult to rank (and why)?
Probably Eastern because they are always so flaky and they have a lot of foreign kids you just don't know anything about v
2) Which team in the top five do you think has the highest probability of not living up to preseason expectations?
Probably ISU. They surprised a lot of folks last year but they won't sneak up on anybody this year. And one injury -- and you know who I'm talking about -- could turn the season completely around. But having said all that, I really like the young talent on this team and if guys like Novak, Lennox and Luzcando take steps forward they should be very competitive.
3) Which team in the bottom seven has the highest probability of jumping up into the top five?
I'd say either Sac State or MSU. Sac has three or four experienced, talented kids coming back. And MSU has Hall, who is probably the most talented player in the league -- if they can fill in around him, he can carry them a long way.
4) Other than Idaho State, which team are you most interested to watch (and why)?
Montana -- they are going to have a crazy collection of perimeter talent. Heck they did last year, and yet they played at one of the slowest paces in the league. This year they will be even more perimeter oriented -- will they adjust their pace accordingly?
5) Do you view Ethan Telfair as the "favorite" to win the Big Sky MVP?
No only because the coaches always pick the best player from the championship team and I don't think ISU is deep enough to win the title. I would love to be wrong about that.

Thanks for at least acknowledging our possibilities...we do have 4 returning starters...we only lost 2 players from last year but we add one red shirt and 2 freshmen who will play some...we have 1 freshman who is going to red shirt this year because of a knee injury during high school...I won't say we will win the league but we will have a say about who does win it...after all, we beat you guys by 11 here and lost to you by 2 at your place last season...our best player (Cody Demps our senior point guard) was out for 9 league games which really stifled any chance we had at having a really good season, but this year we are pretty well stocked to be able to absorb any injuries that may occur...should be a real interesting season whatever happens...

Since we're sharing, here are my preseason all-conference team and preseason poll.

MVP: Ethan Telfair, ISU
All-conf. team
Quinton Hooker, UND
Jeremy Senglin, WSU
Tyler Hall, MSU
Victor Sanders, UI

Preseason poll
1. Weber State
2. Montana
3. Idaho
4. North Dakota
5. Idaho State