• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Pre-season polls released

Skippy

The ISU men were picked to finish 10th by the coaches, 11th by the media. The women were picked 7th and 8th respectively.

Idaho's men and Northern Colorado's women were picked to win the league in both polls.

No Bengal was selected to any of the pre-season all league teams. MSU's Tyler Hall was the men's pre-season POY. EWU's Delaney Hodgins was the women's choice. For the second year in a row Montana's Kayleigh Valley would have been the pre-season POY but blew her knee and is out for the season.

The ISU women's basketball team is badly under seeded in the pre season polls. History shows that you sleep on Seton and his players at your own peril.

You'd think nine years of good play would convince some folks...guess not.

PBP said:
The ISU women's basketball team is badly under seeded in the pre season polls. History shows that you sleep on Seton and his players at your own peril.

Only in the tournament. Their regular-season finishes in recent years haven't been impressive.

I would've picked ISU higher than 8th./7th., but depth looks to be a concern.

mvem said:
PBP said:

Only in the tournament. Their regular-season finishes in recent years haven't been impressive.

I would've picked ISU higher than 8th./7th., but depth looks to be a concern.

They've been better than 7th or 8th and on paper they have far more talent than some of the teams selected ahead of them, plus they've got some size.

Depth is a concern in the sense that they have suffered two or more serious injuries to players for the last four consecutive seasons if that happens again I agree with you. Depth was a major concern of mine going into school starting as well but having watched these kids through open gym and now official practice, I can assure you, they can play.

Latest posts

Back