• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Predictions against MSU

isusuperfan

OK, predictions against Montana State! How will we do? They have one hell of an offense being run by a FRESHMAN QB. OldSkoolCat, can ya'll supplah tha numbahs, so we can say how well ya'll are doin?

I think if the defense does the job they've done the past couple of weeks and if the offense wakes up and starts hurting people (ie, getting rid of the ball and the offensive line getting the desire to hit something), we could pull this off. But if the offense struggles, the defense tires...and those Bobcats will roll.

I will not be at the game, as we are playing BYU-Idaho this Saturday and because Altitude likes, for some reason, having 1:35 kickoff times (this is the one thing that seperates me from my fellow Buckeye fans. They prefer the traditional 12pm-3pm daytime kickoffs, I'm much more a night game kind of guy).

ISU -75
BSU- 0

My bad wrong prediction :D
MSU-21
ISU-20

Hope this game is a good one and no one gets hurt. My Hawaii Warriors (WAC) will be playing BSU in a couple weeks so to you ISU fans that hate BSU can I get a Go Warriors! Aloha.

isusuperfan said:
OK, predictions against Montana State! How will we do? They have one hell of an offense being run by a FRESHMAN QB. OldSkoolCat, can ya'll supplah tha numbahs, so we can say how well ya'll are doin?

MSU averages 469 yards per game total offense; 194 on the ground, 275 through the air. MSU also averages 38.9 points per game.

Despite throwing for 275 yards per game (a total of 2204), our leading receiver only has 454 yards and 2 TDs. This is because we spread the ball out so much. 9 different players had a receiving TD for the Cats, and 6 difference receivers have double digit receptions, while only one has over 30.

We also split time at tailback, but mostly that will feature Orenzo Davis (131 rushes for 815 yards and 6 TDs, average of 5.9 yards per carry). C.J. Palmer gets about 56 yards a game, for a total of 391 yards and 4 TDs.

The defense is awhole other story. Dead last in most important categories, in particular pass defense. We have had a very hard time generating pressure on opposing QBs, and have had 3 different QBs have career best days against the Cats this season alone. If we don't get any pressure on your QB (Hill still?), then it could be the fourth time that happens this season.

Did anyone notice what cat said...poor pass defense...hopefully the coaching staff will pull their heads out and have Hill throw to Krosch in the endzone like last year! Has anyone but me noticed the height advantage with Krosch and his defenders this year, but we still do not try to throw it to him in the endzone.

isusuperfan said:

I think if the defense does the job they've done the past couple of weeks and if the offense wakes up and starts hurting people (ie, getting rid of the ball and the offensive line getting the desire to hit something), we could pull this off. But if the offense struggles, the defense tires...and those Bobcats will roll.

I will not be at the game, as we are playing BYU-Idaho this Saturday and because Altitude likes, for some reason, having 1:35 kickoff times (this is the one thing that seperates me from my fellow Buckeye fans. They prefer the traditional 12pm-3pm daytime kickoffs, I'm much more a night game kind of guy).

Howdy Bengal fans from the 406! Thanks for the wake-up call superfan; here's what I got:

This is the most potent Bobcat offense I have ever seen in my 25 years of following the Cats. We have weapons galore, and can run and throw the ball. Here's some numbers:
-- Points Per Game............. 38.9
-- Average Yards Rushing Per Game............ 194.4
-- Average Yards passing Per Game............ 275.5
-- Average Yardage Per Game............ 469.9
-- TDs scored total - 38; FG attempts 17-18;
-- RED-ZONE SCORES............... 37-41 90%
-- RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS........... 24-41 59%

Of course, the offense all starts with freshman QB Denarius McGhee. D-Mac has been named BSC Offensive Player of the Week twice, and The Sporting News National Freshman of the Week twice. But he has been hobbled the past couple weeks with an ankle injury. However, if for some reason he goes down, we have more than a capable back-up in 5th senior Cody Kempt. Cody's passer rating for the season is 218.24, and pass completion ratio is 80.0%. We have a two-headed RB tandem in Orenzo Davis & CJ Palmer. Davis has already rushed for 815 yards this season, and CJ will pound you inside. We have the best receiving corps I have ever seen in Elvis Akpla, Everett Gilbert, Julius Lloyd, and Tanner Bleskin.

That said, there are some glaring deficiencies on the Bobcat team this season. Defensively, this is not your same old Bobcats. After leading the conference is defense the past several years, the Cats are at or the near the bottom of every defensive category this year. This is not for lack of talent, but rather massive injuries and lack of season veteran depth. Guys like Brad Smith (season), Dustin O'Connell, Clay Bignell, Arnold Briggs & Jordan Craney have all seen time on the bench due to injury. Most of those guys I listed probably won't see time on the field this week. The Cats are easy to throw the ball on, as we play a very soft coverage on the opposing wide-outs, giving 10-15 yard cushions on the line. This is a very rare season for MSU, in which we just hope to out-score our opponents.

Special teams are a mixed bag. On the kick team, we have one of the best kickers in the nation in Jason Cunningham. He is 17 of 18 in FG attempts, and is highly accurate from 55 yards and in. The strange thing is that he is only 32 of 38 on PAT attempts :? . Our freshman punter Rory Perez is averaging only 40 yards per punt, but has extremely high hang time, and opponents are averaging -2 yards in return yards. On the return side, it is odd that with all the team speed we have, our kick/punt returns have been anything but exciting. We have ZERO returns for a TD, and are averaging only 7.5 yards per punt return and 21.1 yards per kick return.

Probably more info than you wanted, but hey what can I say! This game scares me. ISU will bring it, and would love nothing more than to play spoiler against the Cats. While your record does not show it, the Bengals have played some great games against conference opponents. I really thought you should have won last week's game against Weber. Russel Hill is a great QB and has a fantastic target in Andrew Benavides. Your return man, Tavoy Moore, is simply one of the best in the nation. ISU will play their guts out in this game, and I expect it to be a hard-fought contest.

Then there is always the topic of Holt Arena and your turf. Personally, I love Holt and have enjoyed a few games there, but that artificial turf has got to go! The Cats are banged up enough already, and inevitably we always limp away from Pocatello with more injuries. I am not into predictions; all I have to add is that MSU really needs this victory to inch closer to a playoff bid, and possibly hosting a first round game. We have come a long way the past decade, but we have found that playoff hurdle to be a hard one, and one that has really held us back. A win at ISU would be win #7, and possibly enough to garner a playoff bid. We come into the game ranked #13 in the nation. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the trip down to Pokey this year, and I am bummed as I have found ISU fans to be nothing but extremely cordial and great to hang out with. Here's to a great game with no further injuries!!!

MSU - 27
ISU - 24

Bye week helps. ISU DEF does a decent job containing D-Mac and the MSU offense. ISU OFF plays well throughout game. Game comes down to special teams. Redemption for Garcia to tie the game late.

MSU, though, finds a way (as most winning teams do), to put themselves in position to win...with a game winning FG as time expires.

Looking forward to see Poky native Jordan Craney play.

From what I understand, MSU's offense is very, very good and this game could get ugly in a hurry. I really don't think that ISU will win another game all year, because we're terrible and we have a lot of problems scoring points and moving the football. According to the Sagarin ratings we're ranked 205th out of 245 Division 1 teams -- just ahead of Stony Brook and Acorn State.

I expect a hard fought game with the Bengal coming in fresh with 2 weeks to prepare, and they alway play us tough. I would expect my Cats to pull away in the 4th quarter.

As always I don't think we can turn the ball over 4 times, or let Moore get on track if we expect to win.

The Bengals put the scare in and should have beat the Griz last year. I expect the Bengal to play really well especially since our defense is struggling.

Latest posts

Back