• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

PREDICTIONS For ISU vs Montana Griz

BengalBannMan

We're coming off a BYE week, fully rested, and and extra week to get Tanner Gueller ready to be the starter. Kramer was so excited about the play at QB in practice, that the Idaho State Journal wrote an article about it. That instills confidence. On the other hand, the articles written in the paper up in Griz country has taken all thier confidence away. Even a good amount of Griz faithful are picking ISU to win this game. http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's a big deal if you know how the Griz faithful feel about respecting ISU.
Madison will continue to preform, Tanner won't under throw AS MANY passes, and we're going to shove Xavier down their throat!
With thier leading tackler suspended, and two other contributing players off the team, I say ISU wins this one.

DOME FIELD ADVANTAGE
ISU 38 - Montana 24

I think its gonna be ugly win but i think tanner is going to play better but still turn the ball over atleast twice. The griz will be distacted with off the field issues, that and being on the road will translate into turn overs. Isu wins an ugly one 28 24

If we don't turn the ball over we have a good chance but I am worried because once again we face a mobile quaterback and we all know how we have fared against them this year. Both sides of the ball need to execute and play fundamental football. The defense especially needs to make sure to wrap up I can't even count how man missed tackles we had in our last game. I'm gonna have to say Montana 31 ISU 20.

psk584 said:
If we don't turn the ball over we have a good chance but I am worried because once again we face a mobile quaterback.

Does anyone know if their QB Gustafson is back? I saw something on their forum that suggested he might be.

BengalBannMan said:
psk584 said:
If we don't turn the ball over we have a good chance but I am worried because once again we face a mobile quaterback.

Does anyone know if their QB Gustafson is back? I saw something on their forum that suggested he might be.

If Gus is ready they will go with him, especially after the performance Simis had at PSU.

It looks like from what I'm reading, Gustafson needs another week or so to fully heal. So we'll get the younger QB. He did well against ND, but not against Portland State.
Let's keep it loud in the Dome to rattle him!
Also, they are down the two players that got arrested. (One is their leading tackler) looks like at least one game suspension.

Montana did well against North Dakota's secondary, but then again so did ISU and others, as their secondary has been plagued with injuries. And teams will always try to find a weakness in teams they play so they can capitalize on it. I think we have a good chance at defeating Montana, it's just that their defense is better than ours is. And our offense better be ready.

I'm just a Fan of the Bengals. No inside knowledge, just inside hope. But, nothing would please me more than to see the following headline in Sunday's newspaper: Stitt Does Not Happen in the Dome. I get the feeling that both teams won't punt, setting a dubious record for the most 4th Down conversions. I just hope we get a few more. Bengals by 1 on the scoreboard.

This game is a toss up. I think which team runs the ball better, wins this game.
Both Montana & ISU have struggled with turnovers.
Simms had 3 picks last game and so did Gueller.
Both teams can't afford that again.

I feel we will run the ball a lot tomorrow, not necessarily just to protect against interceptions, but the Grizz have not done so well recently about stopping the run. Xavier Finney will have a big day and set himself up to break the rushing record against Montana State.

Bengals-Supporter said:
This game is a toss up. I think which team runs the ball better, wins this game.

Las Vegas would disagree. Not a toss up at all. ISU is going to have to play their best game of the year and minimize, or eliminate, turnovers to win. UM is always solid and they travel like no other. Big test for the guys with nothing to win but pride.

bhumble said:
Bengals-Supporter said:

Las Vegas would disagree. Not a toss up at all. ISU is going to have to play their best game of the year and minimize, or eliminate, turnovers to win. UM is always solid and they travel like no other. Big test for the guys with nothing to win but pride.

Montana has NOT traveled well this year. They have only played 3 road games. They won one, and lost two. Make it three after tomorrow! :thumb:

I'm no gambler but Vegas sees the old ISU, Vs. the regular Montana.
I'm hoping there is some pride in ISU players still and they leave it all on the field tomorrow.

If we have less than 2 turnovers I think we should dominate. 35-24 ISU
If we have more then 2 turnovers 42 to less than 20 Montana.

Vegas has the spread at 10 points. That's not bad. It's better then all but one Big Sky Conference game this weekend. The only other one closer is SUU@MSU. They are at 6.5 points.

Quarterback, safety, kicking / punting, young players starting, and turnovers. That has been the theme this season for having a losing season. Which one will it be today if we lose? If we play good in these areas we should win.

up for the challenge said:
Quarterback, safety, kicking / punting, young players starting, and turnovers. That has been the theme this season for having a losing season. Which one will it be today if we lose? If we play good in these areas we should win.

The real question should be... if we lose today, which one of those (or any other aspects of the game) becomes Kramer's blame target?

notabengalalum said:
up for the challenge said:

The real question should be... if we lose today, which one of those (or any other aspects of the game) becomes Kramer's blame target?

Here we go again - short punt, interception for a touchdown after bouncing off a receiver shoulder pad, defense giving up long rushing yards with missed tackles. This game could get ugly.

Latest posts

Back