• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

PREDICTIONS Game #1 - ISU @ Utah State

BengalBannMan

This week we have our first of 2 FBS opponents. We struggled to get going in the first half and won the second half 34-0. Utah State came out strong against #9 Wisconsin, but then got destroyed with 59 unanswered to lose 59-10.

The spread for the game is Idaho State +27.5 and the over/under is 63.

My prediction is 42-20

Bill and Red need to get out of the sun. Their predictions are not even close or realistic. I do not want to be negative but there is such a thing called reality.

Bill and Red need to get out of the sun. Their predictions are not even close or realistic. I do not want to be negative but there is such a thing called reality.

Up you never know what's going to happen. Back in 2000 we beat USU and lost to them by a point a year after that. A few years after that we lost to them by just a few points. The Aggies only won 3 games last year and aren't near as good as they were under Gary Anderson. Whereas we could be a little better this year than last. I think the players are a little more relaxed under Phoenecie than they were with Kramer. If we were playing a team like BSU or SDSU then I'd be a little worried, but this is USU.

Interesting picks from KSL.COM. They are obviously confident that the Aggies will prevail. My pick is

USU - 42
ISU - 10

KSL Pick'em Week 2 Staff Selections

FAN BASE OPTIMISM
USU
98.7 %
ISU User USU
17 Kyle McDonald 37 🏈
7 Jeremiah Jensen 35 🏈
20 Matt Glade 41 🏈
21 Holli Joyce 24 🏈
12 Ben Schroeder 30 🏈
17 Josh Furlong 34 🏈
9 Glenn Swan 34 🏈
14 Robert Jackson 48 🏈

Getting absolutely destroyed right now on defense; guys are often in the right place but no awareness of the ball and can't wrap up.

biobengal said:
Just about the worst defensive half I have seen out of ISU in like... forever.

that is saying something. Will it be a 1 win season?

400 yards O for USU in the first half.

Different coach. Same results.

Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.

Soccer 1-5.
Volleyball 3-4.

Keep doing things the same, keep getting same results.

Did some posters really think we would be able to compete with Utah State? Come on now, we are ranked at the bottom of the polls in the Big Sky and we are playing a money game against Utah State.

JJB said:
Different coach. Same results.

Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.

Soccer 1-5.
Volleyball 3-4.

Keep doing things the same, keep getting same results.

Granted, volleyball and soccer have tough non-conference schedules (in volleyball's case, brutal--multiple ranked teams and more who made the NCAAs last year). And volleyball's made the title game in 4 of the last 5 seasons, which is an amazing feat considering most programs in the nation can't make a title game appearance over multiple coaching tenures...but hey, let's just throw in the towel and move on to the summer offseason. Pshhhhh.

Also, I'm certain that concerning football, there's a few things we need to consider:

A) It was a money game against Utah State
B) It's Phenicie's first season, and we haven't even played 3 games yet

How about giving it some time first, and dropping the PowerBall, all-or-nothing mentality that's arguably our greatest weakness.

Relax, have some fun with the new era. If the damn Cubs could win a World Series, we can pull something off, too.

Also, hi everyone! Sure is dusty over here!

Latest posts

Back