• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

preseason #13

bhumble

1. North Dakota State
2. Sam Houston State
3. Illinois State
4. Villanova
5. Eastern Washington
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Jacksonville State
8. Chattanooga
9. Montana State
10. Youngstown State
11. Northern Iowa
12. James Madison
13. Idaho State
14. Eastern Kentucky
15. Montana
16. Liberty
17. Stephen F Austin
18. New Hampshire
19. Indiana State
20. Alcorn State
21. Southeastern Louisiana
22. Northern Arizona
23. South Dakota State
24. Charleston Southern
25. Eastern Illinois

Where does ISU really rank at the beginning of the season? I guess we wait on the FCS Coaches Polls and the FCS Simple Rating System before the season starts to see if there a change.

The "NCAA FCS Coaches Polls" on January 12, 2015 did not have ISU in the top 25.

The "NCAA Sports Network" on January 12, 2015 ranked ISU at #25

The "NCAA FCS Simple Rating System" on January 12, 2015 ranked ISU at #19

The "NCAA FCS Sports Network" on May 13, 2015 ranked ISU at #13

Does everyone notice the pattern there? The further we get away from the "human factor" (the coaches poll) and closer to reality and mathematical statistics and proof (simple rating system) the better it shows we/the BENGALS are. Not many on the national level pays attention to ISU, and therefore will not be in the coaches poll top #25 for a really long time. We KNOW we're good. Those that glance over us across the nation see where good and have started to look our way, BUT most still have no idea.
We finished last season at #25 in the nation, and #17 (if I remember correctly) in the simple rating system. The math had us in the top #25 for weeks. We finally MADE them notice enough to get into the regular top #25, yet we NEVER got ANY coaches poll recognition. In my opinion our success happened fast enough last year that not many put stock in it. This year even stronger as a whole, we will finally solidify the wavering opinions, AND our rightful ranking of lucky #13!

I'm pretty sure that if we're ranked 13th, 17, or 30th our coaches will have the team prepared for every game. What might make a difference from outside the huddle is May come down to average attendance at home games. We could be the #1 ranked crowed ISU FOOTBALL has ever had.... You don't need any scholarships to be the best crowd ever.
And I think we got what it takes to create a reputation that the hardest part about playing at ISU (for the other guys) is the hometown crowd.

Everytime I come back to pokey I see more Bengals pride in the stores in the hotel and restaurants. I know it takes time to build a loyal fan base but 2015 not only pack the dome but it the road with the team.

ISU will have the burden of the past 30 years holding down perceptions. It May be enough to surprise BSU, at léast put good scaré into them. Without VA, EWU is #4 in BSC, tops. MSU had no defense last year, trolled the JC ranks to buy one. Griz D will sustain them, but new offense is unproven. CalPoly is the Rodney Dangerfield of the BSC, but their Holt performance last year spoke volúmes. The world won't pay much attention until EWU, MSU, and UM are swept out of Holt in November. Shhhh! Home field advantage in the playoffs is in play here. :o. Seriously. :thumb:

Seems like our true ranking all rests in our QB play. Defense will be better, O-line, running backs, and receivers, all improved too. So, "IF" the QB(s) get 're done, we could win the Big Sky and a lot more.

It's a big "IF"... but I believe one of the QBs will rise up and be top notch, just like our receiver core did last year.

These guys came soooo close last year. Literally 9 points away from being the undisputed Big Sky champs. When's the last time you could say that? :clap: :clap:

Go ISU Football!

I hope we can pack the seats on road games and show support and get the early games so the late games count. My camper is packed and tank is full

Eric hollowell said:
I hope we can pack the seats on road games and show support and get the early games so the late games count. My camper is packed and tank is full

Great enthusiasm, but college football has been dead in Pokey since before the millenium. This may take a while.

Otis I agree. Building a program takes years but it only takes a match to start a forest fire. It took me a whole year to buy in but I'm there and pumped about 2015.

Eric hollowell said:
Otis I agree. Building a program takes years but it only takes a match to start a forest fire. It took me a whole year to buy in but I'm there and pumped about 2015.
Nice. I like it.

How did Montana State rank above Montana as Montana beat Montana State last season and Montana advanced further into the playoffs in 2014? Montana State beat us last season so I understand why Montana State ranked higher than us.

up for the challenge said:
How did Montana State rank above Montana as Montana beat Montana State last season and Montana advanced further into the playoffs in 2014? Montana State beat us last season so I understand why Montana State ranked higher than us.

Montana = New coach, new system, unknowns

You are probably right JJB. I do not understand how teams are ranked in the pre-season polls other than how they finished the season in 2014 in their conference and how well they did in the playoffs. I am not saying EWU, MS, and Montana will be better than ISU in the 2015 season but I have to think the Big Sky Conference pre-season polls with the media and coaches will rank the top 6 in this order based on last season results and the playoffs. I hope ISU climbs to the top of the rankings at the end of the 2015 season.

1) EWU
2) Montana
3) Montana State
4) ISU
5) Northern Arizona
6) Cal Poly

Latest posts

Back