• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

PSU AD Looks Toward WAC

SLCBengal

New Portland State Athletic Director Torre Chisholm sees an upgrade in the Viking football future.

Chisholm says he is very aware that Portland is by far the largest population base among Big Sky members and should aspire to greater grid glory. "First, however, we need to win the Big Sky title, then move up."

Chisholm foresees a move up to the Western Athletic Conference in the Viking future.

Oregon Magazine: New PSU AD Looks Beyond Big Sky

Of all the Big Sky institutions, PSU is probably in the best position to move up given their population and financial support base. If they could get the Portland community behind their athletic programs, PSU could be a real competitive force in the WAC.

The author of this article is clueless--PSU has consistently been one of the more talented teams in the Big Sky under Tim Walsh, who was a credible coach. Glanville and Davis bring "names" to the program, but not necessarily more recruiting or coaching ability.

That being said, I do see PSU as a potential D-1 program, however. The population base and existing facilities (they'd have to move back to the Rose Garden for basketball) make it feasible. The down side is that Glanville is 66 and Davis is in his 70s, and they aren't going to be around much longer. The new AD is going to have to make a great hire in order to keep the momentum going forward.

If they do they better change venues or build one because the one they are in i don't care if i never see it again. I am sure it is just a thought for now maybe 5-10years?

Latest posts

Back