• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

PSU adding online business degree

forestgreen

Staff member
Portland State University adding online business degree

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2013/01/portland_state_university_addi.html#incart_river_default" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come fall, students will be able to earn a bachelor's degree in business administration from Portland State University online.

The program is part of a larger effort to expand online offerings at PSU, the school said in a news release Wednesday.

"Having more online offerings is part of our effort to meet students where they are -- to be more responsive to the consumer," Scott Dawson, dean of PSU's School of Business Administration, said in the news release.

The business degree will be aimed at working students, Dawson said. Now, about half of the business school's students work full time, he said.

The business school is also looking to add, this fall, an online master's degree in supply-chain management and to shift a partly online MBA program to fully online.

The undergraduate program will be the only one of its kind in Oregon, PSU said. Generally, students will take two classes a term over three years. Work will include video conferences and streamed lectures.

Registration began last week. Learn more at pdx.edu/sba/online-bachelors-degree-program.

I'm not surprised; every school in the country is doing it. The faculty at large have qualms - worries about scamming, cheating and the like. I worry, but I do it. I'm teaching a course for OSU this term on-line. Out of the 24 students I have, 4 are in Corvallis. The rest are scattered all over the country, plus Guam, Morocco and Tunisia. I will say this: my students in face to face classes have a hard time talking, but they sure don't on-line.

pdxfan said:
I'm not surprised; every school in the country is doing it. The faculty at large have qualms - worries about scamming, cheating and the like. I worry, but I do it. I'm teaching a course for OSU this term on-line. Out of the 24 students I have, 4 are in Corvallis. The rest are scattered all over the country, plus Guam, Morocco and Tunisia. I will say this: my students in face to face classes have a hard time talking, but they sure don't on-line.

I think that universities should move towards a mixture of online courses into all of their degree programs.

I myself, work from home (not self employed), and have since 2000. The ability to thrive in a remote environment needs to be part of the curriculum as it becomes more and more prevalent.

Latest posts

Back