• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

QB James Delacenserie per Kenny Bristow

My name is Kenny Bristow. I am a sports writer for the Wasatch Wave out of Heber City, Utah where James played his high school football. I also keep an active sports blog called "In A Nutshell" named after my sports column in the paper. I've done a few pieces on James since last fall and will share them here now that he's going to be a Bengal. Tomorrow he will sign his letter and I will be there to cover the big event and post the article to my blog immediately after. I look forward to sharing that and other pieces on James in the future. This first link is the article on James' participation in the West Coast Bowl where he proudly represented our Wasatch Wasps and his future squad the Idaho State Bengals. I look forward to chatting on this forum with all of you in the future. Thanks for your support!

http://kennybristow.blogspot.com/2013/01/delacenserie-plays-in-game-of-top-west.html

Thanks for doing this. I really enjoy seeing stuff like this on recruits and players. Will he play/redshirt right away, or is he a mission kid?

It's my understanding that James wants to compete for playing time right away - if not for the starting job.
No mission, and I don't think redshirting is in the plan. On the recruits thread where the commits are listed, there is a youtube on James. Check it out and see for yourself. The kid can play.

And thanks for your comment... I covered his signing this morning and just posted to my blog. I'll post it as a new topic. Take a read!

James is a fine looking high school quarterback but the college game is a big step up. He will have to wait his turn in line to become the starting quarterback. He may find time to play during his freshmen year but it is doubtful as Arias and Sessions will be the number 1 and number 2 punch.

No doubt, up for the challenge...
Circumstances would definitely have to play a part if James were to make it into the huddle this season - especially in a close game that ISU could win. I'd like to see him play behind a good offensive line with a couple of deep threats and a go to guy underneath. He got a taste of that in the South Bay West Coast Bowl he played in a couple of weeks ago in Cal with all PAC 12 guys. All the recruits were much bigger and faster than James was used to at Wasatch. But he ran the no-huddle offense and connected on 11 of 15 - mostly curls and sideline routes since he only had 1 practice with that offense. He's a quick study and has the size and arm so he's a great pick-up for the Bengals no matter when or how he gets his opportunity.

That's exactly what this team needs. Young recruits coming into the program and challenging right away for a starting job. More power to Delacenserie if he can prove that he's capable, as a freshman, to start. I'd love to see a 4 year starter for the Bengals at QB!

bengalguy said:
That's exactly what this team needs. Young recruits coming into the program and challenging right away for a starting job. More power to Delacenserie if he can prove that he's capable, as a freshman, to start. I'd love to see a 4 year starter for the Bengals at QB!

:+1:

It is always great to see an incoming freshmen come into a program and compete for a starting position as competition in practice is the name of the game. You never know, maybe Delacenserie will get his opportunity but for now expect Arias to be the starting quarterback for the next two seasons with Sessions and Delacenserie to play as his backup.

During his recruiting interview on Wednesday, Coach Kramer said Delacensarie should immediately put pressure on Riley Sessions and make it a pretty good battle for the #2 spot behind Arias, who is a RS Jr. and should have two solid years as the #1 as long as he stays healthy.

Latest posts

Back