• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

QB Michael Sanders

votb

Hearing some real positive vibes about Mike Sanders, the transfer QB. Word is that after being here a couple of weeks, he's already getting a handle on the offense by watching hours and hours of film from last year, AND other word is that the receiving corps LOVES him already.

Also...an up-and-coming offensive star may be getting an extra year of eligibility. Look for news on this in the future...

Great news on Sanders. Should be a good battle at QB in fall camp. One that Sanders will win if healthy.

I hope you are hinting that Jakori Ford may be getting an extra year. My guess is that it would be him or Malcolm. Just a context clue guess on my part.

I know the receivers are very pleased with Sanders this summer. A couple of guys have expressed how accurate he is. The time he is putting into the offense will pay off for him. This makes me more and more excited for the season to start. I think Sanders will help us win a lot of football games.

Sanders coming in making an impact already that's great also! We have a deep WR Core, they need the Ball!! I hope Ty Flannigan and Scooby Reynolds can make an impact on Offense this year as True Freshman!!!

It sounds like he know our offence as good as any d coordinator. I know film is important but timing is way more important, especially for a slinger. I trust more is going into this decision than watching lots of film is all I'm saying.

Will fall camp be enough time to get in sinc? honestly I'm ok with seeing a couple of starting QBs start in orange and black this year so long as the one who gives us the best chance of winning a banner in on the field when it matters.

Timing IS critical. That's why our QBs are working out with our receivers as many as 4 times a week during the summer. Also, what "decision" are you taking about?

Have to give a high five to the parents paying for their son housing and food during the summer months in Pocatello. I would imagine some of the players in town are going to summer school which is good.

Have to give a high five to Michael Sanders for coming to ISU during the summer months to work out as most players that do not live in or near Pocatello go home for the summer months.

You got to hand it to Sanders, I like the confidence he must have. It appears he feels and most of the media that he will be the starter week 1.
I am still not sure about the other QB's since most of what we have heard tells us we should want Sanders as the front runner for starting. I'd love to see all three side by side, drilling.
I like the compete to play feel that ISU has though. I appreciate the lack of politics in "you control your own playing time" kind of attitude.

I prefer to see all QBs practice and play hard, making Kramer's starting QB decision very difficult. Injuries may also have a say in who starts.

I know Sanders i the front runner since he is the only one here for the summer currently. I don't believe that there are any other QB's. I think Tanner had a chance to elevate himself above Sanders had he put in the time this summer with the guys. Who knows maybe he will be coming back shortly. I understand these guys are college kids and like to be home but I like to see guys here putting in the time and work.

Bengalfanatic2014 said:
I know Sanders i the front runner since he is the only one here for the summer currently.

No scholarship money for players during summer break so they go home until Fall Camp. Some will work out together if they are going to summer school or live near Pocatello.

Ya that's my fault for the word usage I used. What I ment to say was I would have to think that Sanders is the front runner for the starting position since he is here all summer. Just my opinion.

If he wasn't the front runner or if the staff was totally comfortable with what they had Sanders wouldn't have been signed.

The coaching staff is not foolish enough to say Sanders is the man, Gueller supports don't want to admit that Sanders is the man and almost everyone on the board wants to have ideological idea that this is an "open race" or should be an "open race but" it is not. Unless Sanders is hurt of shits in his helmet during fall ball he will be the starting QB for Idaho State this fall.

Now, before everyone starts whacking at my banana hammock, I think Gueller has an excellent opportunity to be a great two year starter at ISU. If for some reason Gueller is the choice to run the team I am all for it and would be excited to see a 4 year starter at QB. I simply don't believe that is the case and I wanted to tell you all how it is going to happen so you wouldn't spend the fall being delusional.

We called the JC or D-1 Transfer need at QB --we also said that one QB would leave after spring ball and that it would probably be Delacenserie. Check, check and check...

Check please.

bengalcub said:
If he wasn't the front runner or if the staff was totally comfortable with what they had Sanders wouldn't have been signed.

I agree with Bengalcub. Coach Kramer wanted an experienced QB to step in for Arias and that is why he recruited and signed Sanders. Sanders has the experience and is a proven QB at the JUCO level. If Gueller shows he is the better QB in Fall Camp than he will be the starter but as of today Sanders is the front runner going into Fall Camp.

This QB battle is a good problem to have. Yea Sanders has the game experience and has the swagger of leading a team down field. We're all probably spot on who will be the starter but dont be surprised if Gueller gets some reps too. He has a year under his belt in the Kramer system. It will be nice to have a good back up either way. I hope they both sponge off each other and are teachable and willing to learn.

Latest posts

Back