• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Question on Travel Logistics to EWU

notabengalalum

Definitely a topic away from the arguments. :P
I am curious as to the logistics for the Bengals to travel to Eastern Washington this week. I've heard they were taking busses to Boise and then flying to Spokane. From what I undrstood, they couldn't use a charter flight from Poky for this trip.
Just how do you move a college football team with associated coaches, staff, other dignitaries, (about 80 or more people maybe?) and loads of equipment by bus to Boise and then on to what - commercial flights to Spokane? If anyone can explain the logistics to me, I'd be grateful since it was a topic of conversation at work today. Thanks for your patience and sorry this post isn't offending anyone! :mrgreen:

I've been told the cost of charter flights have doubled this year, so ISU is flying commercial on all road trips, except Cal Poly (and Idaho, which was a four-day bus trip). Yes, the team is bussing to Boise, then flying commercial to Spokane, and busing back and forth to Cheney. The high costs of charter is hitting a lot of teams this year -- I saw a story earlier this season that Hawaii is flying commercial to all its mainland games this year because of the soaring prices of charter.

In reality, the cost of charters went up this year by way more than double. The numbers quoted to me were that in the past, you could get a charter for around $8-thousand, and now it's well over $20-thousand...mainly because of higher fuel prices. It's true...ISU isn't the only school resorting to commercial travel this year.

The trip to Cal Poly is also commercial, a decision by the coaching staff to save money and put it towards recruiting. Basically, and this is a great question, we are bussing over, and taking with us a travel agent, that will handle all of the baggage and any assorted overruns. I believe that we have stuff in place with the carrier because of the number of tickets sold (it's a big travel group, so we guaranteed them a lot of seats).

Anyways, we are flying exactly like many of the teams in our league. The charters are great let me tell you, but if this is one of those changes to be more fiscally responsible, then I'm OK with it. And VOTB, I wish the charters were only $20,000....you are way off there...

ISUSID

I heard it would be around $90,000 for the CalPoly trip if we chartered but because it is on a commercial flight the cost will be around the $45,000 range give or take some. I am sure this includedes food-hotel-bus the whole shabang. Now take ALL the teams that do that on a weekly basis and the travel business should be a very lucrative business. This brings me to another point which we can talk about later but think about the All the flippin BCS teams that partake of the pie year after year after year. That is why they have so much money and nice facilities. It is a NCAA scam! The BCS is a scam! They need a playoff system so all the other teams can enjoy a slice of the pie once in awhile. I know that 1-AA is different and correct me if i am wrong but didn't we get $$$ from one of our BSC teams going so far into the playoffs or was that BB a few years ago? Maybe i am thinking of bsu?

The BCS schools are not about to allow the NCAA to take over their cash cow -- those conferences have contractual tie-ins with all the top bowls and networks, and they intend to KEEP all that money for themselves. If the NCAA tried to take over the bowls and/or changed to a playoff system, I suspect you'd see the 60 or so BCS schools simply leave the NCAA and form their own organization. Them that's gots, keeps...

Latest posts

Back