• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Questions for the Coaches Show

john_clayton

Sorry VOTB for initiating this one when you probably were going to do so.

John from Blackfoot.

1. What do you think is "priority #1" to get the ISU football team back on track?

1a. Not sure if my question last week was asked/answered (sorry to have missed the coaches show), but again, what specific steps by the ISU coaches and players are being done to improve special teams play, particularly the punt team unit? Four blocks punts in one season is a problem. Four blocked punts after four games is a crisis.

2. What was the rationale for not playing Evan Mazzochi when Kyle Blum was struggling?

3. How do you respond to players who openly admit in the print media that they take plays off during the game?

4. What specific steps are being done to improve the play of the offense, particularly the offensive line?

5. CWU had success running the slot WR-seam, outside WR slant, and RB swing route combination. Why didn't ISU make DEF adjustments to limit CWU success running that play?

Bart - I.F.

Was the CWU game the worst you have ever coached?

How do you motivate a team that is getting dominated week in and week out?

Are you confident that we can compete with the current players? If so why haven't we?

What are the goals of this team and this program?

Good job guys....

Here are the ways again to submit questions for tomorrow night's Coach's Show at Chili's...

-You can put them in this thread and I'll use them Monday night
-You can e-mail them to me at: [email protected]
-you can call the show and ask yourself 208-233-5734 (local calls), or 1-800-726-5734 (toll free)
Please include your first name and where you live. It's helpful to be able to say "John in Shelley has this question"...or something like that. However, you don't have to include first name...but as in letters to the editor in newspapers...preference goes to those who provide some identification. We will not be using any questions that bear any semblance to "personal attacks".

Besides being on KSEI (AM930) and KRXK (AM1230 in Rexburg), please note that you can listen to the show online through Stretch Internet through the www.isubengals.com site, but if you listen online and decide to call the show, the audio you hear on your PC is substantially delayed (20 secs or more), so there can be problems trying to talk on phone and listen to radio. You can call and give your question to the engineer, who can pass it along.

I love how much you all love ISU and want the program to get better. Hang in there!

Right tackle Brad Shedd heaped some of the blame on him and his fellow offensive linemen too.
"Some plays, I'll admit to it, sometimes we take plays off, and that's when you're going to get somebody hurt," Shedd said. "You get yourself hurt, and it's not going to get you good rushing yards. You've got to attack, attack, attack and not let up. That was what was killing us a lot."

It looks like John Clayton has already asked this question above but i just wanted to remind you of it again.

Is the reason for our broken running game and our sacks allowed because of certain guys taking plays off (especially our O-line)? What do you say when a player admits this or how will you correct the problem? Feel free to use my name votb.

I believe this quote and this problem will more than be addressed both in John's press conference and in his coaches show tonight.

ISUSID

It interesting that the coach from CW knew exactly what hole to go though to block a punt, he learned this weakness from watching the films have you done something to keep this from happening again with EW?

Quenton in Maine,

If you look in the recent past, a decent schedule has usually translated into more wins, not to mention greater confidence and enthusiasm. Z, what can ISU do to improve the schedule?

a question for coach zamberlin -

since the person who calls himself 'webcaster' on the bengal den apparently works for the athletic department/idaho state univesity - is there any way you can get them fired for 'cause'?

perhaps they shouldn't bite the hand that feeds them in such a manner - jmho

Webcaster is NOT employed by athletics, and he does a very good job at helping produce our video broadcasts for Big Sky TV...some of the best productions the Big Sky has to offer.

Spartan;

I have followed ISU Football and sports since 1985 when I first came to ISU. I will fight with anyone about the program who bad mouths ISU Sports. But I do get to have question and comments because I do support them.I have walked into stores in the mall and have ask the sales clerks and manager why do they have BSU stuff and not ISU. I broadcast my games for the players families, I got to know Keynon's mom and dad very well, they watch the broadcast along with their friends( I made a special hi-lite DVD for them along with stills) I started using you tube for hi-lites of the men's and women's basket ball games because nobody did it before that I know and I had the tapes of them. An for that little stunt I failed last semester. I take my ISU Sports very serious, not only as a fan but also as a broadcaster. I want the ISU football team to succeed just as much as I want all the ISU sports teams to succeed. So, I ask a question or make a comment its because I am a person and a fan not because I want to diss the team. I would love to make a 10 minute hi-lite of the team any team and show it on u-tube, it's my job, to make ISU Sports look good. If you have any doubts about my sincerity you can e-mail me and we can talk about it. Anything and everything I have said was no worse or better than what was blogged before me.

Webcaster, I love you. You are like an artery in my heart, serving out a function that I take for granted on a daily basis. If you are ever clogged, I will surely get you fixed--because your video has been like the gift of life for me.

Thank you so very much for all that you do.

As Bill Kalivas would say...I love em', I love em', I tell you I love em'.

I am one of many who take pleasure in putting on a good broadcast of ISU sports. We take pride in what we do. The new software we have this year with the time and score was a great addition to our broadcast. We now have two new cameras with longer lenses for better shots from the end zone. Another good thing was the Big Sky going to B2. They are a professional organization who does web broadcast. I have watched Steelheads hockey for about three yrs now.
The only reason I started to blog was to have ISU fans watch the hi-lites of the games.
I'm glad or should I say we are glad you enjoy the games and we will keep trying to improve. We want ISU sports to shine so mom's and dad's can see their kids play, and the alumni can see the games.

spartan said:
a question for coach zamberlin -

since the person who calls himself 'webcaster' on the bengal den apparently works for the athletic department/idaho state univesity - is there any way you can get them fired for 'cause'?

perhaps they shouldn't bite the hand that feeds them in such a manner - jmho

Typical Spartan byllsh!t

From the ISJ article:

http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2009/09/27/sports/local/1.txt

Right tackle Brad Shedd heaped some of the blame on him and his fellow offensive linemen too.
"Some plays, I'll admit to it, sometimes we take plays off, and that's when you're going to get somebody hurt," Shedd said. "You get yourself hurt, and it's not going to get you good rushing yards. You've got to attack, attack, attack and not let up. That was what was killing us a lot."

Fire for cause? This is a quote from a lineman (offensive lineman). Should he be fired? He's on a full scholarship to play football. Now to me that's biting the hand that feeds you.....

VOTB and Skippy, You guys did a great job on the show last night. You were very unbias and got the tough questions answered and were real frank and candid with Coach Z. I thought it went very good. It got my blood pumping again for some ISU football this weekend. I thought Coach Z answered the questions well and it sounds like he was on the journal article and the O-line like white on rice! Thanks for what you guys do!

Bengal Roar said:
VOTB and Skippy, You guys did a great job on the show last night. You were very unbias and got the tough questions answered and were real frank and candid with Coach Z. I thought it went very good. It got my blood pumping again for some ISU football this weekend. I thought Coach Z answered the questions well and it sounds like he was on the journal article and the O-line like white on rice! Thanks for what you guys do!

I agree. Z took the hard questions and gave his response. I didn't always agree but I applaud him for his comments.

I liked his response to my question about how you motivate when you're dominated game in and game out. One of is responses was ...." we weren’t dominated with our goal line stand against the Sooners". The point being, he chooses to focus on the positives and that has to be difficult at this point.

Latest posts

Back