• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Radio audio of 77 ISU-UCLA

OK, I give up. There isn't a copy of the televised game. But does anyone have, or know of someone who has the radio audio of the game? I would appreciate any and all help on this. Thanks

My only guess about radio audio is if you could track down Larry Eckinrode's widow Peggy, somewhere. I don't even know if Larry was doing the games then or not...it may have been before his time.

Indeed it was Eckenrode doing the game. It was a great call, "The Bengals, the Bengals, have beaten the Bruins of UCLA, the biggest upset in college basketball history...." It's amazing that nobody has either the audio or video. Have you checked with UCLA by any chance? You would think that they would have all of their games on video. Although this one may have been "unintentionally" lost?

Well, I have actually tracked down the game film of it, and have it now. I was hoping to find radio audio that I could then have merged with the game film to give it a broadcast feel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The longer we wait to track this stuff down, the harder it will be to find it.

bengfanindy said:
Well, I have actually tracked down the game film of it, and have it now. I was hoping to find radio audio that I could then have merged with the game film to give it a broadcast feel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The longer we wait to track this stuff down, the harder it will be to find it.

http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?schools=idaho+state&year=&sport=&x=0&y=0

Have you tried these guys, it looks like you can pre-order ISU-UCLA.

Sounds like the NCAA is having the same problem: "This game is not currently available because of technical issues. Pre-orders are still being taken, but there is no time frame for when this game will become available. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I know some people who have had stuff ordered from the NCAA for months, and they havn't come through with it. Like I said, if I can get the radio audio, I could have it merged with the video, and that would be wonderful. I'm still wondering if someone like a parent of one of the former players, or and assistant coach at the time, or one of the alumni might have a tape of the broadcast, or at least the radio audio.

Larry Eckenrode was my Dad actually. I spoke to my Mom, Peggy about the audio. She said that she might still have a copy of it and I will help her look for it. She now lives in Boise as do I.

I will let you know what I find out.

~Brooke~

Hi everyone, I think that Frank answered this question with good news a few months ago. Please see the link below. Maybe, he can update us on the progress of getting the audio and video together. I would love to just hear the audio of the game in its entirety, actually seeing video would be a bonus.

http://isubengalblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/newest-bengal-legend-from-isu-upset-of.html

I have both the audio and video. And now that basket ball season is over I have time to do something with it. I'm doing it for Frank though..........

Tremendous progress has been made on this project. I was actually able to locate the radio audio in Indiana, and have uncovered another gem from the past. I will make another update soon.

Latest posts

Back