• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Radio broadcast

heckler

Great game yesterday... As I am listing to our radio broadcast outside the Holt, Miller decides to take a shot at fans that left early ... What exactly was the point of that?

Once in a while people have a soccer game they need to get their kid too and are leaving the game early to get to it, or their kids playing high school football at 6, etc etc. But most of the time they are just dead beat so called "fans" that just show up because it's what their friends are doing etc etc. Some just show up to walk out a little early and say, "see, I told you they would lose"
They deserve to be called out.

How about it's none of your business what people do or don't do at an ISU game ... Maybe they should start charging people to leave early ... that will teach them ...

You're right, it is not any of my business what anyone does. But you asked the question and started the thread. My answer to your question is the obvious one... Jerry feels they should stay and support to the end the best they can, if they can.
The point of him taking a shot at them leaving is obvious.

heckler’s right about this.

The next time “fans” start heading for the exit early as Idaho State’s coaches and players are throwing haymakers in a back-and-forth battle with the Montana Grizzlies in the Dome, the fans who are sticking around should stand in unison and happily wave goodbye to the folks trudging off to the exits.

Anyone who might raise an eyebrow or comment how it seems a little odd to leave a game like that early … well … they clearly just don’t understand.

I know...your always right Frank ... Sorry to have an opinion that you don't agree with ... I am actually shocked the admin hasn't kicked me off for disagreeing with the Almighty Frank

pointing out some one else’s faults only drives a wedge between the two parties.
if the announcers really wanted the fans to stay the whole game, no matter what may take them from their seat, they should consider thanking those fans for being there at all.....
It is possible that some fans go to be with their son or friend, reguardless of who or what is happening in the dome.
Maybe the marketing group should go after those fans more often, they may actually spend more money at concessions and such since they’re not committed to being an eye witness to ever single snap of the ball...
You don’t hear the halftime show complaining that people get up and buy food instead of watching them... just saying
:twocents:

Good points bengal_believer. I know there's both sides to this. I experienced them both on Saturday. I would prefer that EVERYONE stays for the ENTIRE game. There's a but... every year I get 12 sets of season tickets for football. I use 6 for my family, 2 for a guy and his wife that work for me and I find 4 people every week to give tickets to for what ever reason. (They normally couldn't afford it, or I just over hear a stranger at the gas station saying they maybe will go, and I coax them into it by offering the tickets in my glove box) I don't say all this as recognition for myself, I don't want it. I say this to illistrate how much I care to get people there.
Saturday one guy and his girlfriend I gave tickets too got up Mid 3rd quarter and thanked me for the tickets and said goodbye. I asked why he was leavig, and he said he had got called in to work. I gave him a little man hug and said thanks for coming man. ( he usually doesn't go) then as Montana scored what felt like the winning touchdown, but still plenty of chance for ISU to comeback in the 4th, the guy who works for me got up, and said, "hey, I'll see you Monday" said he was going home to watch the end of the Cubs game. (He had been following it on his phone a little in the Dome) I gave no hug to him. Lol. Told him he was lame for ditching out on the guys... he knows what I mean, we're close. And he knows plenty of the players he was walking out on. I called him later that night to make sure to rub it in his face (jokingly) that the Nationals came from behind after he left the Dome. Haha.
I know players on the team, and I know most of the coaching staff... it's rude to walk out. These guys work hard all week to prepare their craft to display. Watch the whole play, movie, art show, football game. Support those that you cared enough to pay to see. And if something comes up that's more important. I get it.

BengalBannMan said:
Good points bengal_believer. I know there's both sides to this. I experienced them both on Saturday. I would prefer that EVERYONE stays for the ENTIRE game. There's a but... every year I get 12 sets of season tickets for football. I use 6 for my family, 2 for a guy and his wife that work for me and I find 4 people every week to give tickets to for what ever reason. (They normally couldn't afford it, or I just over hear a stranger at the gas station saying they maybe will go, and I coax them into it by offering the tickets in my glove box) I don't say all this as recognition for myself, I don't want it. I say this to illistrate how much I care to get people there.
Saturday one guy and his girlfriend I gave tickets too got up Mid 3rd quarter and thanked me for the tickets and said goodbye. I asked why he was leavig, and he said he had got called in to work. I gave him a little man hug and said thanks for coming man. ( he usually doesn't go) then as Montana scored what felt like the winning touchdown, but still plenty of chance for ISU to comeback in the 4th, the guy who works for me got up, and said, "hey, I'll see you Monday" said he was going home to watch the end of the Cubs game. (He had been following it on his phone a little in the Dome) I gave no hug to him. Lol. Told him he was lame for ditching out on the guys... he knows what I mean, we're close. And he knows plenty of the players he was walking out on. I called him later that night to make sure to rub it in his face (jokingly) that the Nationals came from behind after he left the Dome. Haha.
I know players on the team, and I know most of the coaching staff... it's rude to walk out. These guys work hard all week to prepare their craft to display. Watch the whole play, movie, art show, football game. Support those that you cared enough to pay to see. And if something comes up that's more important. I get it.

Perfect reply BengalBannMan.

Latest posts

Back