• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

RB Coach Hired, Kragthorpe Leaves

SLCBengal

Idaho State football coach Mike Kramer has announced the hiring of Roger Cooper as the new running backs coach. Cooper replaces Ryan Smaha, who accepted a position at Weber State.

Cooper played for Kramer at Montana State and played in the NFL and NFL Europe from 2005-07. Most recently Cooper spent the 2011 season at Montana State as a graduate assistant coach where he assisted the coaching staff with all functions relations to academic performance, on field development, strength and conditioning and camp organization.

Read more: ISUBengals.com: Roger Cooper Named Running Backs Coach

Idaho State backup quarterback Brad Kragthorpe has left the program for personal reasons, football coach Mike Kramer announced Wednesday.

Kragthorpe, from Tulsa, Okla., was a redshirt freshman last year.

"We wish Brad the best of luck in the future," Kramer said. "He represented our program with class and integrity this last year and we wish nothing but the best to him and his family."

Read more: SportsNetwork.com: QB Kragthorpe Leaves Idaho State Program

Sorry to hear about coach Smaha and Brad Kragthorpe leaving the ISU program. Welcome coach Cooper to ISU as the new running back coach. Hopefully, Brad continues his education and football.

Brad will lose one year of eligibility moving up from 1AA to 1A. I believe Brad could have broken many passing records at ISU based on the current offensive program in place. Hopefully, Brad gets his opportunity to start at LSU.

Kragthorpe leaves the program and Kramer shows his class by sending him off with praise and wishing him good luck. Never saw O'Brien do that.

Best of luck to Brad, and continued best wishes to his dad, Steve. I give Brad credit for trudging through his freshman season, even though he probably wanted to be closer to his dad following his health diagnosis.

Thanks sasquatch for some explanation on this. Sometimes we jump to conclusions as to why someone left a program without knowing all the facts. Health issues in a family come first. I wish the Kragthorpe family all the best. It sounds like Brad will continue is education at LSU. When a coach lists "leaving for personal reasons" it leaves the door open for speculation, because that is what many like to do. Actually, there isn't a better way to put it because it protects the players private rights without going into detail.

I don't want to pretend that I have an insider's view as to why Brad is transferring, but the Kragthorpes have been very public with the information as it relates to their health. Brad's mom, Cynthia, was diagnosed with MS in 2010. Then right before the season started last year, 2011, Brad's dad, Steve, was diagnosed with Parkinsons. The fact that he is transferring to LSU leads me to believe he wants to be close to both, and I really do wish the entire family the best!

If Brad's good enough to compete for the starting job at LSU, then more power to him. The Tigers have had a tradition of having some very fine, athletic QB's with pretty good speed and a good arm.

Latest posts

Back