• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

RB John Hubert to visit Idaho State.

bengalcub

From Rivals:

After rushing for over 2800 yards and 41 TDs it should come as no surprise that Waco (Texas) Midway running back John Hubert (5-8, 181, 4.4) has seen interest pick up over the course of his senior season.

"It's going great. I'm just getting all these colleges coming in lately. I'm hearing from Kansas St., Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Nebraska, Utah, Idaho St. , and Baylor is supposed to be coming by this week."

It's not like he was a complete unknown entering the season. After sitting out his sophomore season due to transfer rules, he rushed for 1,747 yards and 22 TDs earning 16-4A Offensive MVP honors as a Junior.

There were concerns about his academics but those appear to be clearing up.

"I made a 950 on the SAT on just the reading and math and a 1410 overall," said Hubert. "With a 950 with those two combined you only have to have a 2.175 core gpa and the way I'm going with the core classes I'm taking at the end of the semester I'll have a 2.44. It's looking good and I'll be eligible for D1."

With the eligibility issues looking better colleges are not just showing interest they're also extending offers.

"Idaho St. offered me, Louisiana Tech already offered me," he said. "North Texas offered me and Kansas St. I'm going on an official visit Jan. 23 so there's a possibility they may offer me. And Baylor is coming by this week so we'll see what they may do."

This week is expected to be a busy one with Idaho St., Baylor, and Kansas St. are trying to get by for a visit, and in January he already has a few official visits set up.

"I've set up one with North Texas (Jan. 16), Idaho St. (Jan. 30), Louisiana Tech (Jan. 9), and Kansas St. (Jan. 23)," said Hubert.

He does not have any favorites but does have a good idea about when he would like to narrow his options.

"I'd say around mid-January I'll know where I'm going," said Hubert.

Hubert was recently named 16-4A MVP and is No. 16 in the 2009 SicEmSports.com Central Texas Top 25. He was ranked No. 33 in the Lone Star Recruiting's Texas Top 100 and the No. 4 running back in Texas.

I think that the only thing that ISU would have to offer over all of those other 1-A schools, is our coaches could tell him that he'd be able to step in and play immediately, when you look at our running back situation the way it is. Whereas if he went to one of those other schools, then he'd probably have to redshirt a year and probably wouldn't play until a couple years after that.

Latest posts

Back