• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Read This

JJB

The similarities are almost too eery. 40 years old Astro-turf. Piss poor facilities. Off the field problems with players. Disrespectful players, some of whom were skipping class and then getting run off by the new coach. The perception of a program being a coaching graveyard.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Indiana-State-Sycamores-college-football-from-worst-program-to-one-of-the-best-100711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They finished 7-4 this year, including a win over the defending national champ North Dakota State.

....WOW....thanks JJB for finding this and posting it......great article and as you said...a lot of similiar things....thanks......come on folks ....there IS hope..... :thumb:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8732344/colorado-buffaloes-tap-san-jose-state-spartans-mike-macintyre-coach" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice how long Robert Smith says it will take to REBUILD

Colorado was 1 - 11 this past season. Colorado recently hired Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State to rebuild the program.

Sports Analyst, Robert Smith, indicated it will take 4 to 5 years for coach MacIntyre to rebuild the program at Colorado. He suggests telling recruits that they will be part of a change, will be part of something special, and that they will be part of a legacy that helps turn things around.

I wonder what coach Kramer is telling his recruits this year as this will be his third season of recruiting? If Robert Smith is correct about the amount of time it takes to rebuild a football program than coach Kramer has 2 to 3 years left to rebuild his football program. I think we need to give coach Kramer another 2 to 3 years of recruiting to start having a winning season. ISU should have a winning season in 2016 based on his five years of recruiting mostly high school football players.

We should be thinking much more in the 5-6 year range rather than 4-5 year range. Mostly because of the APR hell situation that we have been in. We have had to offer scholorships to players of a little less caliber but GREAT in the classroom in order to make the APR issues go away. And, so far we are doing awesome at that! But I do have the faith that we can hopefully get it done in more like the 3-4 year range!! The glass is always half full you know!!

This next year Kramer will be in his 3rd year here, and I would certainly think that there would be improvement. Although I'm still not sure if we'll win a conference game next year, I hope so. I agree, this APR thing has set us back, and it goes to show what happens when a guy like Paul Bubb made a bad hire in Zamberlin, which ultimately, will take us some time to turn things around because of this.

Coach Kramer may have a difficult time signing top prospects to ISU unless they are from Idaho. Most out of state prospects are not familiar with the ISU football program so they may base their decision on the past win - loss records. It maybe time for coach Kramer to reconsider the JUCO players to fill in the at need positions for 2013 and 2014. Coach Kramer could have a chance at having a winning season in 2013 and 2014 by signing JUCO players as they have college playing experience. These JUCO players could help the program win games immediately and that would help coach Kramer with his future recruitment of top prospects coming out of high school in 2015. There are plenty of JUCO players with good grades that would qualify and would be approved by ISU. Just a suggestion toward improving the program.

Latest posts

Back