• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting Information

boisebengal

Well, it’s that time again. Yours truly just spent a great deal of time on the internet trying to figure out who ISU’s recruiting, and which of those have been extended offers. Except for yesterday’s superb effort against Montana, for the most part it’s been a forgettable season, and many of us here are already looking forward to next season and the Letter of Intent signing day in February. Here’s a list of 29 players that have shown interest in ISU, and of those 29, seven have received offers. And only two of these players are junior college players, despite the fact that ISU could use immediate help everywhere. Maybe the staff is looking at a lot more JC players that I’m not aware of, but I was only able to find two of them. Look for a lot more offers extended later in the recruiting process. But since it’s still early I’m sure the staff is still waiting for many of these players to come here on a recruiting trip before they decide who to offer.

Here’s a list of players that ISU has extended offers to:

Willis Wilson is a 5’10” 180 lb. RB from Lakes HS, WA, and is a two-star recruit acc’d to one service, and is a 3-star recruit according to another. Some schools are recruiting him as a CB. He’s received offers from ISU and Wash. St., and Washington has expressed interest as well. He’s an exceptional athlete and built low to the ground and has good quickness. If he came here he’d be the best back we’d have by far, and should have significant playing time his freshman year. Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

Homer Mauga is a 6’0” 220 lb. OLB from Grossmont College in California, and is a two-star recruit with 4.7 speed. He’s received offers from ISU, Sac St., and UNLV, but ASU, Iowa State, and others have shown interest.

Austin Reifeis is a 6’3 230 lb. TE from Eastlake HS in Redmond, WA, and is a two-star recruit. He’s received offers from ISU, Hawaii, and Illinois St., but CSU, Wyoming, Illinois, BSU, Oreg. St. and others have shown interest.

Shelton Robertson is a 6’4” 248 lb. OG from Highland HS in Pocatello. He has received offers from ISU and Weber, but MSU and BSU have also shown interest. Let’s hope the staff doesn’t blow it again this time and hand him over to hated Weber.

Lucky Radley is a 5’9” 185 lb. safety from Taft HS in Woodland Hills, CA, and he has 4.45 speed. ISU is going up against the big boys for this three-star recruit, as he’s already
received offers from ISU, CSU, Iowa St., SJSU, SDSU, North Carolina, USU, W. Michigan, and others. How wonderful it would be if we could get a player of his caliber to come and play for the Bengals. And if we could, then I would say that the staff has done a heckuva sales job!

ISU has offered a couple of players from Liberty HS in Bealton, Virginia. And these players are Wayne Fleming, a 6’1” 180 lb. standout with 4.5 speed who’s being recruited as an athlete. Only ISU has offered thus far, but Kent State, Marshall, Temple and Virginia have all shown interest. The other player from Liberty is John Washington, who’s a 6’2” 240 lb. DE with 4.9 speed. Washington has received offers from ISU, Navy, and VMI. I wonder which ISU staff member has recruiting connections to high schools back in Virginia!

The other players that ISU has shown interest in but hasn’t offered as of yet are:

Jeff Bedbury 6’0” 180 lb. Eugene Marist HS, OR WR
Jeremy Powers 6’3” 200 lb. Boise Capital HS, ID QB
Tyler Masters 5’10” 175 lb. Boise Centennial HS, ID RB
David Nguyen 5’9” 190 lb Bellevue HS, WA RB
Tyson Heller 6’3” 230 lb. Caldwell HS, ID TE
Ty Sambrailo 6’6” 255 lb. St. Francis HS, CA OT
Patrick Blanar 6’3” 280 lb. Glendale Citrus HS, AZ OG
Evan Fletcher 6’3” 230 lb. Stockton St. Mary’s HS, CA C
Blake Muir 6’5” 245 lb. Kirrawee HS, Australia DE
Louis Davis 5’11” 205 lb. Tacoma Wilson HS, WA MLB
Kyle Griffin 6’2” 215 lb. Butte CC, CA LB
Marquis Miller 5’8” 185 lb. Manteca HS, CA RB
Jared Onouye 5’10” 178 lb. Santa Monica HS, CA DB
Elijah Tagura 5’9” 170 lb. Kapolei HS, Hawaii WR
Derrion Burt 5’10” 175 lb. Cerritos Gahr HS, CA S
Dwan Hill 5’8” 175 lb. Carson HS, CA CB
Zach Chapman 6’5” 235 lb. Vancouver Mtn. View HS, WA DE
Devin Droghei 5’11” 195 lb. Idaho Falls Hillcrest HS, ID RB
Samson Faifili 5’11” 225 lb. Salt Lake Granger HS, UT LB
Jordy Johnson 6’1” 185 lb. Eugene Sheldon HS, OR QB
ISU hasn’t offered, but AF, Army, PSU and Montana have.

Also, just recently the Idaho State Journal said that several Big Sky schools have shown
interest in Poky’s Wes Howard. He said that in a recent interview that he may like to play for Weber, but let’s hope he doesn’t end up down there.

And finally, Friday’s Idaho Statesman said that Eagle HS SS/LB Travis Saxton has drawn interest from ISU, Nevada, Weber and Idaho. I’ve seen him play and he’s a real good one!

If anybody else knows any other recruiting information then feel free to post it, because I’m sure this is a subject matter that a lot of posters here are interested in. And there’s probably a lot of information that still isn’t to be found on the internet.

Call it an "educated hunch" or whatever, but I believe that it is highly likely that one or both of the Virginia kids are coming to ISU.

tigerpaws said:
"David Nguyen 5’9” 190 lb Bellevue HS, WA RB"

He'd be a real get for sure.

It will be a tough proposition to get him as his older brother plays for the Griz and is going to be an absolute force in the BSC. I would bet that David is a cut from the same cloth.

bengalcub said:
tigerpaws said:
"David Nguyen 5’9” 190 lb Bellevue HS, WA RB"

He'd be a real get for sure.

It will be a tough proposition to get him as his older brother plays for the Griz and is going to be an absolute force in the BSC. I would bet that David is a cut from the same cloth.

Right, that's why he'd be a "real get."

Latest posts

Back