• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Red Shirts

Which players could Red Shirt this season?

I read earlier this year that senior quarterback Justin Arias was being considered to Red Shirt this season so he could be the starting quarterback next season as he has 5 years to play 4 years. Things may have changed since that time as Red Shirt Freshmen Brad Kragthorpe recently left the program. Maybe, Justin Arias will Red Shirt this season but that may depend on how well Kevin Yost performs this season and if incoming freshmen, Ryan Sessions, is ready to step in as a starting quarter if Kevin Yost is unable to play. I do not think Ryan Sessions will Red Shirt this season as they need to give him playing time early this season to see how he performs in game situations. The only other possible quarterback we have is our kicker / punter C.J. Reyes who played quarterback in high school.

I would think that Arias would play since he did last year too? I did hear (rumor only) that he was going to some elite military academy, school for whatever reason and that was the main reason he was redshirting??

Has anyone heard about Kai Campbell or Taison Manu?

Sessions will most likely redshirt, throwing to your cousin at Salmon and throwing in a Div I football game are different worlds. Right now he still thinking to much rather than just making the throws, we'll have a better idea where he is at in a couple of weeks.

Right now most of the freshman are trying to adjust to what is being thrown at them, some with better success than others. Campbell and Marcus Reaves seem to be more comfortable than the other new WR's. As usual it is hard to track the DB's as they throw so many combinations in right now. Additionally, not everyone is wearing the number on the roster, sometimes you just guess on the player was. At linebacker Karstetter looks like he may play this year, very active in pursuit to the ball. Right now the line is what was listed on the two deeps, we will see if that stays the same for the season. Most of the young linemen both defense and offense need a redshirt year, I don't believe all will get the year. By next week the freshmen will start catching up and we will have a better idea who will be ready this year. Right now I would guess that Campbell will be on the two deeps, Manu I believe will redshirt as we have allot of depth at safety. KW Williams is another I believe will play, very physical and athletic. Even if he is not in the two deeps he will help on special teams. I'll go to practice today and watch the line closer and see what I can.

quote from the idaho journal, Sat., August 11, 2012 - "Punter CJ Reyes took some reps at quarterback in some of the drills on Saturday. Don’t expect him to get behind center too often, but he can be a third quarterback if Kramer decides to redshirt either Justin Arias or Riley Sessions".

Regarding the possibility of redshirting quarterbacks Sessions or Arias - If Yost is sick, injured, or has to come out of the game for one play which backup quarterback will take his spot? It will be either Arias or Sessions. Who ever plays in one play loses their redshirt. I do not see CJ Reyes playing quarterback behind Yost as he is currently behind Arias and Sessions on the depth chart. He may move up in the depth chart if they redshirt Arias or Sessions.

Is there any other possible redshirts besides Arias, Sessions, and Manu ? Maybe, some offensive linemen as we have a total of 15 offensive linemen on the roster.

Latest posts

Back