• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Regional News

SLCBengal

Dixie State in St. George is set to begin NCAA division II next year. Since we seem to always schedule a sub-division I, it's probably a safe bet to assume we'll see them in Holt in the coming years.

Of interest: they have a lot of division I transfers on their team, including one of our "disappearing lineman," John Fanene. Also, joining their coaching staff is former NFL QB Jay Schroeder.

Rebels Ready for Final NJCAA Campaign

With UVSC and SUU close by, few western division II schools, and St. George and Mesquite, NV, booming like they are, I wonder if it's a matter of time until they decide division I might make more sense. Their stadium is "one-sided," but seats 6,000-8,000.

IMG_0710.jpg

I'll be able to give a report on these guys after Sept. 24 when I watch them play my brothers team, Scottsdale CC down in Phoenix... Scottsdale is LOADED and every one of there DLinemen are DI prospects including the #1 JUCO Prospect in the nation, DE Louis Holmes... I hope Scottsdale destroys these guys, Scottsdale won that conference last year...

UVSC is the only school to leap directly from JC athletics to NCAA division I. The SL Trib ran an interesting story Sunday detailing their ascent and their quest for a conference (since they won't offer football, they admit the Big Sky is a long shot).

UVSC's Unprecedented Leap

I see NDSU has UVSC on the BB schedule this year. What do you Bengal fans know about them? As close as we are to SLC here in Green River, WY we never hear anything about UVSC.......

I can see Dixie State moving to division I in a couple of years. They have more students and support than SUU already. That would make seven division I schools in the state of Utah.

Don't worry Weber loyalist since their are no Weber fans passed a fifty mile raduis of the school this wont cut into are solid 4,000 fan base.

Wyo, I don't know what kind of team UVSC has coming back this year. But, they have a good thing going, considering the "age" of the program. They have a very good coach in Hunsaker -- he coached Ball State to the Sweet 16, and was named MWC Coach of the Year (after stepping in for Majuerus one season). Their best player last season, Ronnie Price, just signed a guaranteed contract with the Sacramento Kings, and they have a nice facility to recruit to...

mec4.jpg

Dixie has to be making SUU pretty nervous about now. Their facilities are as nice as SUU's, and they are in a rapidly growing community with a lot of support.

Dixie's Facilities

Latest posts

Back