• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Reported Commitments So Far

skippy57.0

This is a list of guys who have been reported as committed to Idaho State by the media or recruiting services (or Cub, whom I trust implicitly!) so far. I'm waiting for independent confirmation of Talai Livai and Bruce Frieson commitments. If anybody can find media links confirming these, please let me know. If the rumors of Livai and Frieson's commitments are true, this is shaping up to be one of Idaho State's better recruiting classes in recent years.

Please add to the list anybody I've missed:

Skylar Morgan, 5-10, 185, RB, Minico.
Jake Pele, 6-2, 240, DE, Auburn, Wash.
Mark Clampett, 6-2, 265, OL, Torrance, Ca.
Justin Vae'ena, 6-1, 220, LB, Oceanside, Ca.
Shaquille Senegal, 6-3, 185, WR, Stockton, Ca.
Colton Paulhaus, 6-2, 265, DT, Granite Bay, Ca.
Isaiah Walker, 6-4, 240, DT, Kent Village, Wash.
Jarrid Nash, 6-2, 245, LB, Glendale Community College
Kenny Viser, 6-1, 195, DB, University of Nevada
Roderick Rumble, 6-3, 205, WR, Oak Harbor, Wash.
Tuiasosopo Niusolu, 6-0, 250, DT, Lakewood, Wash.
Colton Reeves, 6-2, 210, DE, Firth.
James Bergen, 6-5, 210, DE, Vista Murrieta, Ca.
Maurice Culpepper, 6-3, 185, WR, Perris Vista, Ca.
Andrew Benavides, 5-9, 175, Folsom, Ca.
Rustin Phillips, 6-3, 235, DE, CC of SF.
Kyle Morris, 6-2, 180, QB, Ukiah, Ca.
Chris Hardinger, OL, Highland
Sean and Ryan McElwain, 6-5, 230, O or DL, Eagle

Sometimes, I cross reference JC kids with the student directory that is published online at Idaho State.

Rustin Phillips is a D-End/LB for CCSF appears to be enrolled at Idaho State. It looks like he was hurt or something his SO year--as the stats I am able to find--only show him playing in two games.

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/a.z?s=137&p=8&c=1&nid=3718899

The Press-Enterprise (Southern California) has reported on two players who have committed to ISU:

Vista Murrieta defensive end James Bergren will attend Idaho State on a football scholarship, his father, Carey Morris, said this morning.
Bergren also played tight end in high school, but is seen more as a defensive player for Idaho State. He also took visits to Boise State, San Diego State and UTEP, his father said.
At 6-6 and 240 pounds, Bergren will look to put on a little bit of weight to compete at the NCAA Division i-A level. He may be able to compete for a starting job right away; Idaho State went 1-11 last season.
If Bergren does wind up starting quickly, he'll get a very quick welcome to big-time college football. Idaho State plays at Oklahoma on Sept. 12.
Morris said he's very excited about Idaho State, which he said is comparing Bergren's potential to that of former Bengals player Jared Allen, a defensive end for the Minnesota Vikings and a two-time Pro Bowl selection.
"If they can turn him into a Jared Allen, I may have to make a large donation to their athletic program," Morris joked.

PE.com: James Begren Commits

Perris Citrus Hill receiver Maurice Culpepper has accepted a scholarship offer to play at Idaho State, Hawks coach Doug Dubois said Monday morning.

Culpepper caught 52 passes for 909 yards and 14 touchdowns, helping Citrus Hill capture a second straight CIF section title. Culpepper also was a starting linebacker for the Hawks.

PE.com: Maurice Culpepper Commits

ESPN review plus video on Bergren:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=58764&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d58764%26season%3d2009

Plus JR highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ-xAvqkBbk

What SLC does, is that he does a google search every day and types in 'Idaho State', and then finds the information on high school kids who have committed to ISU.

I Google search everyday as well. SLC, has an uncanny ability to find folks that I cannot. I like it! Trust me, I try and try for a hobby. I get some good stuff, but miss some. I am glad others enjoy recruiting as much as I do.

Try googling "Idaho State," "Idaho State football commitment," or "committed to Idaho State" and see what you get. I guarantee you, you won't hit what SLC has been posting the last three days. The man's a genius - but then, we all knew that. :D

Unless some are walkons this list is 18 deep. I'd say 3-5 more tops. I hope that Idaho State has a JC RB and a few JC DL to announce next week. Oh and they desperately need a JC LB in my opinion.

More recruiting will happen after Spring ball and thru the summer; as the returning kids find out where they sit on the depth chart.

If I had to make a bet--a large number of young kids will be playing and we are going to see how long it takes their balls to drop. It will be beneficial long term to the program--but the defense in particular will be paying more dues in the fall. Especially on the defensive front four.

Add Lucas King (LB, Berkely High School) to the list of potential signees...

Four members of the Berkeley High football team have given their oral commitments to play college football next season.

Cream of the Crop selection Lucas King highlights the class as he committed to play for Idaho State, a Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) team from Pocatello, Idaho, that plays in the Big West Conference.

King, a first-team All-Alameda Contra Costa Athletic League and second team All-East Bay linebacker, was No. 16 on the Cream of the Crop list. The drawn out recruiting process for him included a long drive to and from Visalia with Berkeley coach Alonzo Carter last week to meet with Eastern Michigan coach Ron English before eventually accepting Idaho State's offer.

"It was just a really crazy, hectic experience," King said of the recruiting process, which included a late potential offer from the University of Idaho on Friday. "I'm ecstatic. I think (Idaho State) is a pretty good fit for me. It's a different vibe from the Bay Area."

Should King see playing time as a freshman, the Bengals' schedule includes the BCS national championship runner-up Oklahoma.

"When I heard about that, I got in the weight room a little harder to get ready for that game," King said of the Sept. 12 meeting with the Sooners.

InsideBayArea.com: Yellowjackets Orally Commit

Cub started an earlier thread (with info and links) when he was offered:
http://bengals.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3143

I love that comment about the Oklahoma game and "getting in the weight room." Hopefully that is having the same affect on all the current Bengals.

Lucas King could be a stud.

ESPN evaluation and video:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=61721&season=2009

4 out of the 5 recruits that visited this weekend committed this morning...from a very reliable source. A couple JC O linemen, a JC running back, and not sure what other positions.

Great news.
I knew we were still working on some folks.
If the JC RB that committed was Frieson out of Bakersfield College......LOOK OUT!!!!
We got ourselves a RB!!!

Latest posts

Back