• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Running Backs

boisebengal

Our running game should be tons better this year with the addition of Corey White and Jahmel Rover. I'm not sure which one will start, but I'm sure if one starts then the other should still see significant playing time. White will be a senior this year and participated in Idaho's practices this past spring. But the thing I can't figure out is that didn't the NCAA pass legislation several years ago which would prohibit juniors at a 1-A school to drop down immediately to a 1-AA school? Does anybody know about that?

Also, I'm pretty glad to see freshman RB Daniel McSurdy on the team -- a kid I personally know. I'm assuming he's a walk-on, and he had played for Borah HS for a couple years before transferring to Mountain View for his senior year. He had a great high school career, and he's got a brother who's a fine ballplayer at Montana.

BTW, when are they going to announce Frank's replacement at SID?

White is listed as a JR on the ISU athletic site roster. I am pretty sure he is a JR. If he were a SR he could be eligible to transfer if he has earned his degree and wants to go to graduate school in a program that U of I does not offer. I think that is the only way for someone to transfer as a SR, unless you count the USC situation.

I think the backs are talented, but Rover was hurt most of the spring and for most of two-a-days. Depth at RB concerns me. Tracy just can't seem to get healthy--he has been hurt for almost all of his ISU career. Tavoy Moore is a stud, but I am not sure that he can handle a full season as a feature back. I think he missed part of the season during both his years at JC. I think it is a game of high risk high and high reward. I sure hope it works out this fall.

I'm suddenly getting some hope. Corey White was probably the most highly recruited Vandal that year. Will he be good? I don't know but he was a big catch for them.

Our ground game will be GREATLY improved from last year, which will improve our time of possession and keep our defense from tiring in the 4th quarter.
White has a good combination of power and shiftiness > he's my pick to lead our team in rushing. Rover has been hurt a lot, but is still a really good player. If Rover and Stew Tracy can stay healthy, we might be able to redshirt McSurdy (who is on scholarship, not a walk on). Tavoy Moore practices almost exclusively as a WR. He will carry the ball, but only on reverses or trick plays.

El Tigre said:
Our ground game will be GREATLY improved from last year, which will improve our time of possession and keep our defense from tiring in the 4th quarter.

Can't get any worse than the 472 yards the RUSH OFFENSE gained during entire 2009 season. They will be better (or will they????). Like other posters have said in other threads, depth and staying injury-free will go along way in determining the success (or failure) of the "Earley O."

From the new grass on Cadet Field (stay off until 30-Aug), this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

My bad, the Journal listed Corey White as being a senior, and I should have just looked at the ISU roster to find the correct info.

Latest posts

Back