• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Russ Hill

qb

I thought Russ Hill played a great game Saturday.

He had zero running game to take the pressure off
Snaps that almost went over his head about 15 times
WRs dropping balls
Very little time to throw

Despite this he was on the money and took care of the ball.

Hill would be a lot better if he could see over his linemen and the defensive line. A couple of times on Saturday he looked like a cheap imitation of Sammy Baugh with a half-baked jump pass.
I don't care what his stats are - we'd be better with a QB with the physical attributes of the EWU kid Nicholls or even the UNC kid - albeit that the UNC passing game was inept on many plays. That said - it is what it is.

notabengalalum said:
Hill would be a lot better if he could see over his linemen and the defensive line. A couple of times on Saturday he looked like a cheap imitation of Sammy Baugh with a half-baked jump pass.
I don't care what his stats are - we'd be better with a QB with the physical attributes of the EWU kid Nicholls or even the UNC kid - albeit that the UNC passing game was inept on many plays. That said - it is what it is.

too bad Luke Butler got ran off huh...

Speaking of Luke Butler, he's at Augustana (Sioux Falls, South Dakota):
The Augustana team is doing pretty well (6-2) on their sked and his stats are looking quite impressive for 2009:

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
---------------------------------------------------------------
Butler, Luke 7 149.39 121-191-4 63.4 1423 16 89 203.3

It's good to see him doing well.

who knows maybe Luke just got smart? maybe he got out while the getting was good. i do remember he wasn't happy about leaving, but he felt that he had too.

notabengalalum said:

I still think Hill did great under fire. It's hard to look good with the way the supporting cast is playing - uper high snaps, the defense in the backfield by the time he brings it down, ZERO running threat, and a few big drops. Am I wrong?? Tell me how someone achieves greater success with those circumstances?

Interesting conversation with Coach Z about ISU QB's today on the Big Sky conference call...he said Russ is taking most of the snaps at QB...but it sounded like he's ready to give Evan a shot at being #2...saying he's getting a lot more work in practice. He says Kyle's cleared to play and is getting snaps...but the indication is that EM might be the guy off the bench if Russ gets in trouble.

qb said: I still think Hill did great under fire. It's hard to look good with the way the supporting cast is playing - uper high snaps, the defense in the backfield by the time he brings it down, ZERO running threat, and a few big drops. Am I wrong?? Tell me how someone achieves greater success with those circumstances?

You aren't wrong. But, maybe those high snaps wouldn't have been high snaps with one of the big boys back there! :roll: The snaps were definitely horrible - and that was how they were against CWU and EWU, too. Can't comment on the road games. That should have been fixed weeks ago.

The running threat is non-existent. Again, compare the backfield runners we have (nothing against our Bengal kids) to those we saw with EWU and UNC and there's a world of difference: opponents were quicker & faster for starters.

Why not use Mozzochi? We can't be doing much worse.

How about ordering gallons of stick-em for our guys to use?

Let me say it again, the backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team. But there is usually a reason they are the backup. Would they have been high snaps if one of the big guys were in the game? That may be the stupidest comment I have ever read. Maybe the center should just do his job and snap the ball to the QB. He has been doing the same thing to both Hill and Blum, maybe we just need to get a 6'7" QB. Give me a break. :twisted:

Gee, blackfootbengal, can you see an attempt at humor? (Note the word "attempt") The comment about the snaps to a tall quarterback was indeed a sarcastic remark - see the rolling eyes icon. :roll:

"Sure you follow ISU football and you're tense and irritable but don't take it out on him." - Anacin commercial circa 1960's. :lol:

notabengalalum thanks for the information. I was wondering how butler was doing doing. Looks like he is playing great. Congrats to him!

Latest posts

Back