• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Sanders is officially announced as a Bengal!

You field winning teams by playing with Jr and Sr players. You only play with Sophomore and Freshman if they are superior athletes or you have no other choice. In the case of Sander's, we only had a Red shirt Freshman and a True Freshman competing for the starting position. As I noted on another topic; all you have to do is look at the Sophomore class to tell where a team will recruit JC kids. DLine, Linebacker, and QB were spots where we had no or few sophomores. In these positions we needed some Jr's to round the classes out. The reason teams like Eastern and Montana have been consistent winners is because they minimize the Freshman and Sophomores who start. This does not mean they have they have never played young players, they don't play them unless they have to.

:thumb: I agree with blackfootbengal. At the same time, Eric Hollowell is correct. We have to remember that JUCO players are at need players and apparently there is a need.

If that's the case then why ever sign high school player's? No one gets better not playing. So you might say well wait until they are jr or sr. Well. Guess what you'll have the same kid as you did as a fr. My old coach once said if they don't bit when they are puppies they won't bit when are full.grown.

Eric,

I am eating crow this recruiting season as boisebengal predicted that Kramer would sign a JUCO step down QB or a JUCO QB and I disagreed with him for three reasons.

1) Kramer signed a high school QB this recruiting season, has a redshirt freshmen QB, and has a redshirt sophomore QB .

2) Kramer did not sign a step down QB or a JUCO QB last season to back up Justin Arias in case he was not available.

3) Kramer has started a lot of freshmen and sophomores since he has been at ISU.

I am glad that Kramer signed JUCO QB Michael Sanders to add more depth, experience, and has good stats at the JUCO level. Apparently, Kramer targeted certain positions on the team that need to be filled with "AT NEED" players or JUCO players so his younger inexperienced players can develop within the program.

I trust coach and he knows what he needs to compete. My point is if you have signed QBs on the rooster how do they get better ,unless they play? And waiting for them to get older does not make them better. Now this is not a knock against the Sanders kid. I just want to win no matter who plays.But I do believe the best apples come off the tree not in the basket.

up for the challenge said:
Eric,

I am eating crow this recruiting season as boisebengal predicted that Kramer would sign a JUCO step down QB or a JUCO QB and I disagreed with him for three reasons.

1) Kramer signed a high school QB this recruiting season, has a redshirt freshmen QB, and has a redshirt sophomore QB .

2) Kramer did not sign a step down QB or a JUCO QB last season to back up Justin Arias in case he was not available.

3) Kramer has started a lot of freshmen and sophomores since he has been at ISU.

I am glad that Kramer signed JUCO QB Michael Sanders to add more depth, experience, and has good stats at the JUCO level. Apparently, Kramer targeted certain positions on the team that need to be filled with "AT NEED" players or JUCO players so his younger inexperienced players can develop within the program.
Nice Post Up. Way to own it. I'm not being sarcastic either. There was substance in your post. Thanks

I like that we signed an experienced QB like Sanders. Our last couple of JC QB's have been great for us. And quite honestly the last few high school QB's have not panned out like Kragthorpe, Sessions, and Delacensarie. Unless Gueller really surprises me this spring and fall I think that Sanders will end up getting the nod come fall. The fact is we now have depth at the QB position that we haven't had for a couple years. We will have five good Qb's that are on the roster for the fall. Sanders, Gueller, Delacensarie, and Jewell and Kvinsland I am sure will red shirt. Great depth at this position.

I don't think that Kragthorpe even gave ISU a chance. When his dad was hired on at LSU as an assistant, then he transferred there right away, even though he has absolutely no chance of playing. When you see LSU games on TV, then you'll usually end up seeing Kragthorpe on this sidelines holding a clipboard.

Can't blame Kragthorpe for transferring to a storied program like LSU, knowing he had a spot waiting for him. He participates in special teams, and he's usually the holder for field-goals. If you caught their bowl game against Notre Dame this season, then you saw the play that drew a lot of controversy. LSU faked a field goal and Kragthorpe tried to run it in for a TD. He broke the plane, but it was still ruled short. LSU lost by 3, lol.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsEvByRC3-o[/youtube]

I do not knowing anything about Delacensarie and Gueller other than both were recruited and signed and both redshirted their freshmen year. I know Delacensarie will be a redshirt sophomore and Gueller will be a redshirt freshmen. It would appear that most posters today feel Gueller is ahead of Delacensarie on the depth chart. Why? I know Delacensarie played a little bit last season in a game or two while Gueller redshirted.

It is my understanding that he transferred not for football reasons but to be closer to both his parents who were both diagnosed with severe medical conditions.

http://www.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/LSU-Tigers-Steve-Kragthorpe-and-wife-battle-Parkinsons-multiple-sclerosis-090211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back