• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Score PREDICTIONS Game #5 ISU vs CalPoly

BengalBannMan

This week were finally home, and fitting... it's Homecoming week! We return from our road trip 2-2, and the surprise of that is the 2 wins being a DII and a FBS win. It would have been great to get that conference win.
This week we have CalPoly. CalPoly is 0-4. I think most of us know that doesn't mean this is an easy game. This will be a fight I'm sure. CalPoly runs a Triple Option that's always hard to defend.
Last week CalPoly lost to NAU 28-10. They put up 326 yards of offense, and despite having 4 turnovers, still had equal time of possession. Their yards also came pretty even with run and pass.
Last week we put up some good offense, (619 yards) continue to fight and believe in ourselves. I think that's the important big change in this team.

Vegas odds are ISU -3, over/under is 63 (yes, we're favored)

My prediction is ISU 33-24
Running backs have a big day that eats time to keep CalPoly off the field and gives out D rest. And it also opens up a few big plays through the air for Mitch, and Mikey.
2 rushing
2 passing
2 feild goals ...and a muffed p.a.t hold
(Polydad, your prediction is welcomed, and encouraged)

Good post BengalBannMan. When Cal Poly is successful they rush for 350-400(not so much this year but over the past four years)and pass for 75 or so yards. The reason for the even numbers last week is because the Mustangs trailed the entire game, most times by a fairly large margin. This forced our offense to pass and also throw interceptions. Cal Poly simply hasn't played a game yet this year where the offense has clicked on all cylinders. UNI game came close to clicking, but fumbles(one returned 50 yards for a TD)sunk us that day, along with UNI having a great day passing against our defense. The dive play has been working but once the opponent realizes we can't run outside and/or pass, they clamp down by dropping 8 and even sometimes 9 in the box and then we can't run inside. Our defense is probably better against the run than the pass, but that's not to say a good running team can't run on them successfully. As a true homer I gotta pick my team to win, but ISU being favored makes perfect sense to me considering the challenges Cal Poly has experienced. 28-24 Cal Poly

I gotta say you guys are a pretty well represented fan base. Cal Poly also has a good fan base. I've noticed that Northern Arizona and Southern Utah do not. Sad actually.

I predict that Michael Dean takes a knee on kick off returns if the ball goes into the end zone. The fastest guy on the team and we do not take a chance on kickoff off returns? Tired of watching us start on the 25 yard line on offense. Run some back, you may see him break one for a TD.

up for the challenge said:
I predict that Michael Dean takes a knee on kick off returns if the ball goes into the end zone. The fastest guy on the team and we do not take a chance on kickoff off returns? Tired of watching us start on the 25 yard line on offense. Run some back, you may see him break one for a TD.

Wow look at you step out on a limb.

It would be great to have Ty Flanagan back to pair up with James Monroe. Two tough runners would be too hard to stop ISU's Homecoming win.

ISU 48-24

ISU wins. Up wins too. Two more tacos. Bengalbannman - can we get a breakdown of number of times a poster predicted the score, name of poster that won, name of game poster won from each Weekly prediction at the beginning of each weekly prediction you post? Why have this post if it does not mean anything to the posters playing? You may find more posters playing. It is kind of fun but it also fun to see posters get some credit in your Opening post each week. I have no idea why clawsout and Tacoma5 did not play this past week. They must have been nervous predicting ISU to win.

ISU wins. Up wins too. Two more tacos. Bengalbannman - can we get a breakdown of number of times a poster predicted the score, name of poster that won, name of game poster won from each Weekly prediction at the beginning of each weekly prediction you post? Why have this post if it does not mean anything to the posters playing? You may find more posters playing. It is kind of fun but it also fun to see posters get some credit in your Opening post each week. I have no idea why clawsout and Tacoma5 did not play this past week. They must have been nervous predicting ISU to win.

What are you talking about? I missed by 4 and you missed by 8. i've nailed every week Up. Chill out.

Not so fast Bhumble- You did not predict a team to win or lose in this game therefore your score should not count. Maybe, you meant Cal Poly to win and not ISU. If Bengalbannmann gives you the win without predicting a team than the Number of predictions thus far are: bhumble (3), clawsout (1), UP (1). If he does not give you the win than it would be bhumble(2), UP(2), clawsout (1). In my opinion, if posters are going to play than they should name the team who they think should win. If not, than why are posters posting the name of the team to win?

Last time I predicted we lost and I'm a superstitious person and sure enough we won this weekend. I'll engage in the conversation, but no more predictions from me! That was a great game to watch in Holt. So many emotional ups and downs, but our team pulled out the W and fought hard in the end. It's so encouraging to see the team not give up and hype each other up. That was a great finish and the fans were awesome all the way to the end.

Now we need to bring it to the Griz!! We surprised them at home last year and put up some good points. Yeah, we lost that game, but no way did they expect us to find the endzone as much as we did.

Congrats on your win Bengals fans. This loss of the five probably hurts more for me than any of the others. 39-21 TOP, no turnovers and over 450 yards total offense. Cal Poly is supposed to win when these things align. One thing that's important when you run our offensive system is playing good defense and we didn't do that. Good luck this week against the Grizz.

Polydad said:
Congrats on your win Bengals fans. This loss of the five probably hurts more for me than any of the others. 39-21 TOP, no turnovers and over 450 yards total offense. Cal Poly is supposed to win when these things align. One thing that's important when you run our offensive system is playing good defense and we didn't do that. Good luck this week against the Grizz.

Thanks for hanging out here the last week Polydad. Have a good rest of the season.

Phenicie and Matt Troxel are both Montana guys and they should be able to figure out the Grizzlies, and subsequently we should be able to beat them. Hopefully we'll have at least 10,000 fans on hand. Montana travels well and should have at least 1500 fans there.

demian said:
Polydad said:

Thanks for hanging out here the last week Polydad. Have a good rest of the season.

My pleasure, it's always nice chatting with real fans. Can't seem to find any of those rooting for Southern Utah.

Polydad said:
demian said:
Polydad said:

My pleasure, it's always nice chatting with real fans. Can't seem to find any of those rooting for Southern Utah.
Thanks for chatting it up with us this week. Regardless of CPs record, they're a very tough team to play and the offense I was most worried about this year. Seemed like there was 5-6 recurring plays, but all of them were perfectly executed and hard to stop. KJ is great with misdirection plays and has good moves and speed. I'm rooting for you guys against SUU and wish you the best of luck the rest of the season.

Thanks Tacoma5. The triple option is extremely difficult to prepare for in one week. Those that have a bye week like NAU and this week SUU seem to fare much better. Also, it seems that teams that employ three down defensive linemen also do better against the TO. IMO, the fact that ISU played four down linemen played to our strength up front. I played a little offensive line at the high school level back in the day and blocking big defensive linemen, even though they outweighed me was always easier than chasing down linebackers. BTW, my son is Cal Poly's starting right guard, #60. He had a good game against you guys, but it wasn't enough to get us the "W".

http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2017-18/videos/20171001-2o15bi7e

Latest posts

Back