• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Scott Hobdey

I just saw him Friday morning with Randy Fowler at Fifth Street Bagels...they went to the MSU game and tailgated....

ISUSID

Scott--my visits to your office as a kid (and your gumball machine) are part of my most cherished Bengal moments. I am so grateful for having a chance to know such a good man.

You are in my thoughts tonight as is your family.

Scott suffered an brain aneurism, I think. Scott was a friend and I am so sad for his family. His daughter, Sarah was a Bengal soccer player if you recall. His other daughter played at Boise State. Scott still followed ISU soccer and was a good source of information for me.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Scott was a truly good and caring person. He will be missed.

Scott was a good man and a long-time friend. When I first came to Pocatello in 1982 to broadcast ISU games, Scott was one of the first people I met and got to know well in the athletic department. He was always professional, and always fun to be around. I loved his sense of humor...and after he left and went to work with the state I missed having him around as much. When Sarah played soccer it was a double-plus because I got to see Scott much more than I had been able to.

I know Scott's family is grieving heavily because of his sudden loss, and those of us that knew him realize that even multiplying our sorrow 100-fold can't touch how his loss affects those he loved and lived for every day.

One more of the "good guys" has left us...but I know my life is much more improved because of Scott than it is hurt by his loss.

If anyone hears of arrangements and such, myself along with several folks close to him here want to be able to attend and such. Coach Z. and his family were particularly fond of the Hobdeys, and Scott I believe was one of the pall bearers at Babe's funeral.

ISUSID

My understanding is that Scott is still on life support as he is an organ donor. I know nothing more than that.

Latest posts

Back