• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Scrimmage Impressions

Skippy

The first impression I had of the men's team tonight was obvious -- man this is a big team! Even though the two Poles didn't play (Kusmieruk is ineligible as a transfer, Gawrzydek is recovering from hernia surgery), this is probably the biggest ISU team, from 1-13, I've ever seen.

The Bengals shot very well -- four different players hit 3s within the first five minutes or so, including two by 6-11 freshman Justin Brunswick. (Yes, Brunswick has grown two inches since he signed with ISU last spring.) Kenny McGowan, Phil Taylor and Nick Mason also drilled 3s.

Abner Moreira impressed with some smooth moves inside, and Brandon Glanz is an absolute beast underneath. Chase Grabau is a real hustler, and we all know what Broderick Gilchrest brings to the party.

This will be one of the deepest teams Joe O'Brien has fielded at ISU -- maybe the deepest, as well as the biggest. It will be fun to watch this group develop over the course of the season.

Too bad Gilchrest is a SR.. I'd like to see this group play together a couple years.. I think we will be better, hoping for a top 4 finish in the BSC. I think by the time Brunswick is done here, he'll be a special player. He can flat out stroke for a tall dude. Busma looked more mobile to me, and having Kenny McGowen will be a nice addition to the backcourt, cuz he can distribute, handle, and knock down shots... Can't wait for Tuesday vs. MSU-Billings..

Does Kusmieruk have a RS year available or will he only have one year next year. Also, does anyone know how long until Gawrzydek will be back and playing?

Tuff, I agree Brunswick could be a stud, but he needs to put some bulk on that slender frame of his. When you can pull a 6-11 guy out to the perimeter and have him be a threat to shoot--good things are going to happen.

If ISU can make the BSC Tourney--I am going to be jazzed.

Personally, I want to see ISU get its swagger back on defense. We may all get angry about the offense not scoring enough, but I really think that defense is something that O'Brien teams can hang their hats on. I will take 60-65 points a game if they win more.

It sounds so WEIRD to say that this team could be better than the team last year, doesn't it?

My hat's off to Coach O and his entire staff for their work in recruiting this year's players. I saw players diving on the floor for loose balls, consistent high energy on defense, constant movement on offense, back door cuts to the basket when the low-post was double-teamed, and several different team members nailing outside shots when the ball was kicked-out with the shot clock winding-down. Beyond that, it was fun talking with the players after the scrimmage. I kept hearing the same thing from most of them: "We have a lot of players with a lot of skills". I foresee a lot of players getting a lot of minutes this year. They are excited to get the season started. No way is this team #8 in a 9 team conference. See you this coming Tuesday in Reed Gym! GO BENGALS!

Latest posts

Back