• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

SE Idaho potential recruits

Since the high school football season is well over, I was wondering about potential recruits from the area that would fit in well at ISU. I know most on here are familiar with high school athletes in the area, so what are your thoughts? Any returning missionaries coming back?

Beau Hoskins, WR, Blackfoot HS

I have heard he was on the previous staff's radar screen. Given CEO's emphasis of fast, spread, pass first/pass second approach, this kid could, or should in my opinion, be given consideration. The kid's hands are like glue and he runs decent routes. He put up some crazy stats on OFF (also a ball hawk as a DB on DEF). Not sure if his speed is BSC-level to be an outside receiver, but I can see him playing in the slot as a possession/middle of the field/underneath route WR.

The Blackfoot HS QB, Trae Pilster (?) is only a JR, but he has the size, decent arm, and mobility that could also fit well within the CEO offense in 2012. He kinda reminds me of Griggs' physical ability with McCarthy's toughness.

My $0.02

I watched the news the other night and the "CEO" and his posse were hot on the "Idaho" trail for potential recruits. I liked listening to that. Get the guys with talent and heart and taters in their blood like Storms.

Have I told you that I am SOLD on this guy!? Just the attitude of the CEO is a change for the good!

What happened to those twins that went on a mission? Has it been 2 years? Maybe they were from Utah?

I am pretty sure that Josh Cutler, the 6'3" 270 lbs. OL from Highland in Poky is staying will his commitment to the Bengals. Nate Wall, a 6'3" 210 lbs. LB from Century in Poky turned down numerous schools in the region including ISU & USU to play at Harvard where he has been accepted. congrats to him.. Can you blame him? There is an OL/DL from Rigby that I hope we are pursuing cuz he is 6'5" and about 270, and I was pretty impressed with him. I agree on Beau Hoskins from Blackfoot, and would like to see ISU offer WR Tyler underwood from Highland HS in Poky..

Bengal Roar said:
What happened to those twins that went on a mission? Has it been 2 years? Maybe they were from Utah?

They are the Whimpey brothers, Kevin and Kyle. Didn't they take off right after the 2008 season for missions? I'm guessing that would bring them back for spring or fall (should they decide to return)...?

What about Stetzon Bair? Wasn't he due back this past season?

Not SE Idaho but the Idaho Gatorade Player of the Year remains unsigned.

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2010/12/02/jzentz/bishop_kellys_cody_mccarthy_named_idaho_gatorade_football_player

Last I heard was that ISU, Washington State, and Army have all offered scholarships. BSU hasn't offered yet, but if they did then I would assume that there's a good probability he'd go there.

I hope that Kramer does well. I really get a kick how you keep calling him CEO and the "CEO's plan". Kramer made a valid point of having to take a big picture view of the ISU program and being involved at all levels, which I think is important if he wants to avoid the mistakes made in the past.

However, being around Kramer he is very straightforward, gregarious, and refreshing to talk to. He doesn't fit any CEO mold or sound like one. When he gives his halftime speeches he is bluntly honest saying things like the o-line can't block sh*t, etc although he has cleaned it up a bit over the years.

We affectionally called him the "Big Human". CEO doesn't do Kramer justice.

...i remember a QB from Preston a year or two ago.......did anyone see him play against pocatello or century...i think his name was jordan holton...i remember he signed to go to western montana....i thought he could have gone to isu then....he never ended up going to western....heard he is playing in the semi pro league in utah.....maybe he could compete for that freshman or "walk on" QB position...also there's a "T J Adams"...senior this year from preston....i haven't seen him but some folks from the south said he was "a comer".......has anyone heard of any other local folks they are looking at?

boisebengal said:
Last I heard was that ISU, Washington State, and Army have all offered scholarships. BSU hasn't offered yet, but if they did then I would assume that there's a good probability he'd go there.

The below info came off another football stie. I did not talk to this coach from BK.

Good kid. Word on the street is size???? He will probably get a greyshirt to walk on at Bsu?
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I ran into a coach from Bishop Kelly on Tues. Talked to him about Cody McCarthy and he said that he hadn't been offered a scholarship from anyone. ISU had, but pulled it back after the coaching change. The coach that I spoke with said Cody is more than capable of playing at the FBS level, and he was very surprised that offers hadn't been made.

Bishop Kelly has a close connection with bsu because of the AD. I know his name has been brought up on the board before, but I thought I would ask if anyone knows more about the recruiting process and if bsu has already filled their 2011 class. How many spots does UI have? Maybe this kid isn't all that he is cracked up to be and that is why no one has offered. Just curious.

i see on the griz board of this website....they are showing an offer has been extended to the mccarthy player from boise.........has anyone heard of any players that the new staff are after?...talking to?....or just driving by their high school?....i haven't heard any names......did hear that kramer was up at highland high school the first day or two on the job....building relationships and trying to keep athletes here in town....didn't one sign with weber at the beginning of this football season?.....

clawsout said:
i see on the griz board of this website....they are showing an offer has been extended to the mccarthy player from boise.........has anyone heard of any players that the new staff are after?...talking to?....or just driving by their high school?....i haven't heard any names......did hear that kramer was up at highland high school the first day or two on the job....building relationships and trying to keep athletes here in town....didn't one sign with weber at the beginning of this football season?.....

I have heard this same thing that Montana might have offered McCarthy. ????
As for Kramer and who he is going after? remember that coaches can not mention any names until after signing day etc., So anything you hear or see on boards can be rumor only?
As for Kramer going to Highland! Does not surprise me for Kramer and Chris Frost the head at Highland played together at U of I back in the day.
"WILL TAKE A VANDAL TO TURN THE BENGALS AROUND" !!

Latest posts

Back