• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Sick of QB Musical Chairs

Hill has outplayed every QB Z's thrown at him.... looks like he's doing it again, despite being injured. Somehow, Z has managed to ruin Hill and chase off every other viable QB prospect ISU has seen in the last 4 years.

Attempts, % of Att., Efficiency

Russell Hill , 300, 78%, 128
Luke Butler 85, 22%, 89

Russell Hill 408, 79%, 119
Kyle Blum 109, 21%, 109

Russell Hill 259, 67%, 104
Kyle Blum 129, 33%, 98

Russell Hill 45, 31%, 103
Kyle Morris 99, 69%, 94

Russell Hill...He has more experience, more chemistry with the WR's, does deserve some loyalty from the coaches for sticking with the program. He is a player with great character, he has never bashed the program, when he definitely has every reason to. He is a captain, for Hell's sake, isn't he? I really wish Russ would or could just go out and play football without the worry of being pulled or replaced.

GOBIGORANGE said:
Russell Hill...He has more experience, more chemistry with the WR's, does deserve some loyalty from the coaches for sticking with the program. He is a player with great character, he has never bashed the program, when he definitely has every reason to. He is a captain, for Hell's sake, isn't he? I really wish Russ would or could just go out and play football without the worry of being pulled or replaced.

Totally agree.

GBO is right and I would like to see Hill if he is healthy.

The truth is the NEW HC is going to try to recruit a JC QB. Morris is not the future of the program, yet. Maybe when he is a JR or a SR he will be. Then again, if the NEW HC cannot bring in a JC transfer--Morris may get the nod.

I refuse to get down on Morris. He is doing what he is asked to do as a RS FR. The fact that he is playing so early in his career is NOT about talent. It has more to do with lack of depth in the program and poor QB development by the coaching staff. Earley and Clark are keepers in my opinion--ISU just found them too late. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that those two will be retained.

This season is over! Where are we going to get a win? If Morris is the future than let him get some game time experience. ISU messed up by letting Butler go, but maybe he saw the writing on the wall. I have no problem with Hill. Never talked to him, probably never will, but putting him in does nothing for us at this point in my opinion.

From the ISU athletic web site about last years game:

Idaho State trailed 9-3 after the third quarter. Kelvin Krosch then caught a 21-yard touchdown pass from Russel Hill with 10:29 to play in the game to give the Bengals a 10-9 lead. No. 2 Montana was able to kick the game-winning field goal with no-time on the clock to seal the victory.

GOBIGORANGE said:
Kelvin Krosch played QB in high school....maybe he could through it to himself.LOL

I got it. David Harrington played QB in HS. Maybe the punter could get a crack at the QB position. ISU would have the option to punt on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down. Think of the options!

Has nothing to do with quarterback problem...Lineman! cant throw without time. As far as choosing one..Hill, he deserves it, he is a solid kid and has put alot into this program. This goes to kids pouring their heart out to this team and seeing no results for play time.
GOBIGORANGE said:
I agree with this completely. Stop playing musical quaterback and not even at that position, musical players more like it. These ideas of O he played this position in high school (Storms, Krosch, Harringtonm, Pleasant, Hutton, Albers..etc) leave them be, they are playing ball and doing a great job at it in the position they are at, those that play that is.

Was not aiming this at "Folks"...Aiming this at the program because this is what is going on while it's a joke on the outside. Inside players are getting switched around like musical chairs

Latest posts

Back