• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Signing Day Central via ISU Atheltic Site.

Thus far we've only signed one player from Utah -- he's a defensive lineman from Murray High School. I'm surprised that we don't sign a lot more kids from that state. Utah's a pretty good football state -- a lot more talent down there than what we have here in Idaho. A lot of big Polynesian kids down there.

It must be hard to recruit Utah against the U of U, BYU, and Utah State, then you throw Weber and SUU into the mix and I think the pickings get pretty slim. I can see a lot of FCS capable kids wanting to be a preferred walk on at one of the FBS schools. But you're right, it is a good football state.

It does seem like ISU does really well with the kids they get from Idaho - an Idaho kid always seems to be a star on the team. I'm anxious to see how this years crop and last years crop of Idaho players does.

Done for now:

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2015/2/4/FB_0204152951.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why do you say that Kramer is concerned about the QB situation? It didn't appear that he was aggressively recruiting JC QBs would suggest just the opposite. I don't have any information to back this up, but my sense is that Bailey and Kramer are pretty happy with the QB situation.

My bigger concern is there were no JC DBs on the list. We are loaded at Safety, Linebacker and on the D Line, but I'm nervous about the lack of any proven DBs.

On another note, I think that the only anticipated recruit that didn't sign was Josh Labrador. I spoke to a family member earlier in the week, and was told that he was wavering between going to ISU and going to a JC and then see how things developed in terms of going to an FBS Program after one or two years. I was told this morning that he decided to go to Snow, so he must have decided to take the latter route.

I wonder what happened to Eagle High's Josh Labrador and Hunter Floyd, as they were both expected to sign with ISU? Like someone here said, maybe they both will be heading down to Snow on the buddy program, because of their possible intentions to eventually play for a 1-A program. As of yet I haven't been able to find Snow's signees for this season. We'll probably see what happens within the next few days. Hunter's a pretty good athlete, and Josh is as well, but if he's hoping to eventually try to play for a team like BSU then it may not happen. Because if he's not good enough to play for a Pac-12 team then he's probably not good enough to play for BSU either; BSU recruits against a lot of Pac-12 teams. If I were Josh I'd just go ahead take the academic scholly at Stanford, because a degree from there means a lot. But then again that's his choice to make.

Looks like Trae Pilster was just given a scholarship here and will be moving from QB to wide receiver, therefore freeing up a spot for another QB. I've yet to see Pilster play, but he was the 4-A Player of the Year a few years ago at Blackfoot High School. I don't know who we'll have punting this year, since Jewell will be redshirting.

On a side note, Southern Utah just signed an outstanding QB in Joe Critchlow of Franklin HS, Tenn. Vanderbilt had offered a scholarship to Critchlow, but they didn't want him to take an LDS mission, so he stuck to his principles and spurned the Vandy offer to play at Southern Utah. He passed for 2,317 yards and 25 TDs in high school. Also, Corvallis, Oregon HS DE Jesse Sims has decommitted from Oregon State to play for the Grizzlies.

boisebengal said:
I wonder what happened to Eagle High's Josh Labrador and Hunter Floyd, as they were both expected to sign with ISU? Like someone here said, maybe they both will be heading down to Snow on the buddy program, because of their possible intentions to eventually play for a 1-A program. As of yet I haven't been able to find Snow's signees for this season. We'll probably see what happens within the next few days. Hunter's a pretty good athlete, and Josh is as well, but if he's hoping to eventually try to play for a team like BSU then it may not happen. Because if he's not good enough to play for a Pac-12 team then he's probably not good enough to play for BSU either; BSU recruits against a lot of Pac-12 teams. If I were Josh I'd just go ahead take the academic scholly at Stanford, because a degree from there means a lot. But then again that's his choice to make.

The Facebook page for Eagle football says they both reconsidered and won't sign with ISU. In the comments to one of the posts, they say Labrador will probably go to Snow, and Floyd will probably go to a JC as well. Seems like I heard somewhere as well that Labrador is planning on going on a mission, so maybe that played into it as well. Maybe he wants to play his freshman year then leave for 2 years?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eagle-Mustang-Football/138838342812907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ISU just landed Robert Schwenke from Brighton High School. He's a big DL weighing in @ 315lbs 6'4" with a 3.8 GPA. I heard that nobody offered him so he sent his own film out last week and Coach Kramer was at his doorstep that week and recruited him hard. Very talented player with tons of potential. The word is that he might even lock down the starting spot as a True Freshman. Schools are still calling him but he loves the engineering program ISU has to offer. Looks like we gonna have a solid front Defensive line this year with all the new Defensive players Coach Kramer visited. Future looks bright..

boisebengal said:

Looks like Trae Pilster was just given a scholarship here and will be moving from QB to wide receiver, therefore freeing up a spot for another QB. I've yet to see Pilster play, but he was the 4-A Player of the Year a few years ago at Blackfoot High School. I don't know who we'll have punting this year, since Jewell will be redshirting.

On a side note, Southern Utah just signed an outstanding QB in Joe Critchlow of Franklin HS, Tenn. Vanderbilt had offered a scholarship to Critchlow, but they didn't want him to take an LDS mission, so he stuck to his principles and spurned the Vandy offer to play at Southern Utah. He passed for 2,317 yards and 25 TDs in high school. Also, Corvallis, Oregon HS DE Jesse Sims has decommitted from Oregon State to play for the Grizzlies.

Just a clarification: Jesse Sims is from Corvallis, mt south of Missoula. Sister plays ball at UM. He decommitted from OSU couple of months ago when they had coaching change. He made the decision between MSU and UM on Sunday. Very good player. Probably the second best player in class A at this time.
If he develops well, he will be tremendous. I think he was a 3star.

Congrats on a good recruiting class. You got at least 1 that MSU wanted. A few look very impressive.

Loyal fan don't be concerned about cb. They could not sign a JC better CB than Cory Hollowell. Ike Taylor carbon copy. Write in down.

Eric, I'm sure you are right. I'm not close to what is going on around the team, and so my comment reflects my own ignorance more than anything else. I understand there are some very good RS Freshmen like Cory who are going to step up and really contribute next year. After I saw Skippy's preliminary depth chart, it was pretty obvious that Coach Kramer has stockpiled a lot of those young defenders who will get a chance to show their skill and talent this fall. Its going to be exciting to see those young lions step up and help the defense make the same miraculous strides that the offense experienced over the last two years.

Loyal fan. Cool beans. Coach is doing it the right way. Successful programs are built with high school kids who can be with the team four and five years. I pointed out just my son but Anthony is an outstanding red shirt cb. Nick Tate Tanner Larry all were pac 12 mountain west talent. Are here to build something special.

Hollowell is going to be a stud. I've been excited to watch him since he arrived on campus. Long and athletic and I am sure he will hit the weight room from now until camp starts.

Latest posts

Back