• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Sites Selected For Visits...

PBP

The Big Sky Conference just sent out this update on the possible locations for future men's and women's basketball tournaments:

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2015/2/12/MBB_0212152335.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Visits are planned for five sites so two have been eliminated. (Flagstaff and Greeley/Loveland)

As I read it, if the university president's elect to go this route the men's tournament would either be at Reno, Billings, Ogden or Spokane. The women's tournament at either Missoula, Cheney or Reno.

PBP

Ron Loghry, the deputy commissioner of the Big Sky Conference recently announced that a final decision on potential future homes for the post season tournament won't take place until April. Said more time is needed to examine the five sites and make an informed recommendation to the school presidents.

PBP

Interesting stat that I just got via an e-mail from an individual at another Big Sky school.

Montana will be hosting their 16th Big Sky women's post season tournament next week. Their record in the previous 15? 36-1.

The one loss if memory serves came at the hands of ISU. I know that ISU has one win against UM at Dahlberg in the post season so I must assume this is the only blemish on UM's mark.

Those who have already gone on the record from conference schools and stated that for the Big Sky to award the women's tournament for the next three years to Missoula would be giving them far to much of an advantage may have a statistical case to back that up with.

PBP

UM actually was upset by NAU in the semi-finals the year they lost on their home court, then ISU beat NAU in the title game.

Jerry:

This is what the ISU media guide says under the all time series results vs. Montana for what it's worth:

03/10/01 A W 68-59

It has the notation 24 along side it and given the date I assume that means the post season tournament.

Is the media guide incorrect? That's one of only three road wins it has listed in history for ISU in Missoula.

PBP

Idaho State hosted the women's tournament in 2001. I remember how awesome it was in Holt with the number of fans when ISU beat Montana. They went on to play Vanderbilt, and before ESPN had the tournament, Channel 6 aired the game.

Then I guess I need to let sports info know. So ISU then has only won twice in history in Missoula. Don't know who Montana lost to then in post season play when they hosted.

PBP

PBP said:
Then I guess I need to let sports info know. So ISU then has only won twice in history in Missoula. Don't know who Montana lost to then in post season play when they hosted.

PBP

votb said:
UM actually was upset by NAU in the semi-finals the year they lost on their home court, then ISU beat NAU in the title game.

http://bigskyconf.com/custompages/wbball/2006-07/html/CONFSKED.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PBP said:
Interesting stat that I just got via an e-mail from an individual at another Big Sky school.

Montana will be hosting their 16th Big Sky women's post season tournament next week. Their record in the previous 15? 36-1.

The one loss if memory serves came at the hands of ISU. I know that ISU has one win against UM at Dahlberg in the post season so I must assume this is the only blemish on UM's mark.

Those who have already gone on the record from conference schools and stated that for the Big Sky to award the women's tournament for the next three years to Missoula would be giving them far to much of an advantage may have a statistical case to back that up with.

PBP

Those figures really should include the MWAC years (1982-88), since those seasons do officially count in the Big Sky record books. With that added in, Montana is hosting for the 21st. time and has a record of 45-2.

The other loss came to Brenda Souther & EWU in the 1987 title game.

The Spokesman Review had a small write-up about future Big Sky tournaments. The committee making visits will include ISU faculty rep, Scott Benson.

Spokane-Cheney and Reno have proposed hosting both tournaments, while Ogden, Utah, and Billings want to host men’s-only events. A special committee is making the rounds, inspecting the five finalists. The panel will be in Spokane and Cheney on Wednesday.

The panel includes officials who have no direct interest in the selection process. They are University of North Dakota president Robert Kelley; athletic directors Bill Macriss of Sacramento State and Ken Beazer of Southern Utah; Idaho State faculty representative Scott Benson; Valerie Cleary, senior women’s administrator at Portland State; Torre Chisholm, former PSU athletic director, and deputy commissioner Ron Loghry of the league office.

League presidents approved the site visits. The committee will make recommendations in the first half of April. The presidents could say yes or no by April 17.

I'm hearing that Reno has put a sizable amount of money on the table with perks to get both the men and the women. Guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks.

PBP

Latest posts

Back