• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Snoooooop!

Spudhead

I heard some sports guys talking about a TMZ Sports story on the success of Snoop Dog's youth football league and sending players onward to division I schools. Checked it out, and ISU's new recruit Taj Jones is one of the players, along with a couple going to Montana State.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/10/snoop-football-league-20-kids-commit-to-d1-colleges/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great role model. Gangs, drugs, prison, pimping, connected to murder, and the list goes on....
I hope the kids from his football league don't emulate this POS. :thumbdown:

Notabengalsalum,

I played in this league growing up for 3 years, he gave kids a opportunity to stay out of Gangs, away from drugs and provided meals when there families couldn't. Since Snoop has a bad image or rough life with being. Affiliated with gangs etc, he let kids know there are other options out there like SYFL. That's what I call giving back to the community.. Just my 2 pennies

Guess you didn't read the article.." Kids going to College"
Look at the success of that program now!

Thank you, bengals4lyfe for sharing your insight and experience. I've heard of the program and I believe it was reported on a *30 For 30* TV production. I've heard some good things have come from his work. I haven't studied the program in depth, but giving people a hand up and a lifter is always welcome in this world.

Bengals4lyfe said:
Notabengalsalum,

I played in this league growing up for 3 years, he gave kids a opportunity to stay out of Gangs, away from drugs and provided meals when there families couldn't. Since Snoop has a bad image or rough life with being. Affiliated with gangs etc, he let kids know there are other options out there like SYFL. That's what I call giving back to the community.. Just my 2 pennies

Read the article. The guy is a POS. Lke I said, I hope the kids in "his" program don't get confused and equate success to emulation of him. Good luck to them.

notabengalalum said:
Bengals4lyfe said:
Notabengalsalum,

Read the article. The guy is a POS. Lke I said, I hope the kids in "his" program don't get confused and equate success to emulation of him. Good luck to them.

Once again that's the whole point of SYFL to help prevent kids from taking the same path he did! Donating his own money take kids shopping on Christmas, providing scholarship programs, building playgrounds and being available to the Kids in the Community. I don't agree with his past life style but I understand it.. He's a grown man helping the youth!! I guess he's a POS then

Snoop has a past, but we all do. We live and learn and and the SYFL has done a lot of good. I watched his Special on ESPN Snoop and Son and was impressed. Just my opinion.

letuknow said:
Snoop has a past, but we all do. We live and learn and and the SYFL has done a lot of good. I watched his Special on ESPN Snoop and Son and was impressed. Just my opinion.

:+1:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/phenom/201502/snoop-dogg-football-league-ucla-cordell-broadus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His 20 players are getting some big notoriety. Glad we have one of them. Nice Get...

The greatest gift we offer to others is to not hold them to their past "if" they have paid their debt to society & have made a reasonable effort to change. Snoop did the time, & has done all that was required to move on. And frankly, he is doing more to help others than most of us.

Is he a saint? Heck no.

Is he asking to be pat on the back for his effort with these (now hope filled) young men? Not that I've seen.

He is doing a good job of changing his fingerprint & impact on those willing to help themselves. I am impressed with his effort. You go Snoop!

Latest posts

Back