• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Sobolewski a Finalist at USU?

SLCBengal

The Tulsa World is reporting that the head coach at Oral Roberts, Jerry Finkbeiner, will accept the head coaching vacancy at Utah State. It also reported that Seton was one of 3 finalists for the job...

Finkbeiner was mentioned as one of the three finalists for the job by Twitter account @SaltLakeMetro, representing a website and club basketball program in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area specializing in player development and recruiting assistance.

The other finalists named by @SaltLakeMetro were Idaho State women's head coach Seton Sobolewski and Nebraska women's associate head coach Sunny Smallwood.

Read more: ORU Women's Basketball Coach to Accept Utah State Job

That's unfortunate. It doesn't appear to be a great job... pay, attendance, etc. IMO, he should stay a year or two, the Idaho job may be open by then.

good post biobengal, the grass is not always greener on the other side. I would like to see Sobo try and build a dynasty here like Selvig did in Montana. We have great fan support, I am sure that his pay can gradually go up with continued success. Let's hope.

Idaho?? Surely you must be joking!! Why would Sebo even consider going to a school like Idaho which is a WAC member, in which the league is completely falling apart. And you'll probably see Idaho back in the Big Sky within a few years.

Appreciate Seton while he's here. I hope it's for a long time, but this is the type of situation that ISU should actually be hoping for. There should be success at each sport so that the coaches are in demand. It means the programs are in good shape.

I think most coaches will hear what another school has to say and offer. My bet is that Seton wouldn't have gone to USU unless he knew they were heading to the Mountain West AND it was for more money. He's not going to cut off his nose to spite his face, like a former coach did.

Latest posts

Back