• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Some "Where are they Now's"

SLCBengal

A few notes on some Bengals I've seen featured within the last couple of months...

Slim Millien was named the Newcomer of the Year in the Premier Basketball League (PBL), a pro league back east. He also led the league in scoring.

AJ Millien Named PBL Newcomer of the Year

Kasey Winters, who played at ISU for a year before transfering to Dixie State, was just named head basketball coach at Bear River High School in Tremonton...

TremontonLeader.com: New Basketball Coach Named

Jeff Hironaka, a former ISU assistant (and Blackfoot High head coach), was named an assistant to Ken Bone at Washington State...

Morning News Sports Blog: WSU Hires Hironaka

Ammer Johnson has been featured quite a bit over the last few months. He has been a part of "one of the worst professional franchises in terms of wins and losses," the Washington Generals (the Harlem Globetrotters frequent opponent).

TelegraphJournal: For Washington Generals, Losing Has Its Benefits

Slim Millien ended the season with the Halifax Rainmen, playing alongside Eric Crookshank. Crookshank signed with ISU initially but didn't make grades. It ended up being a huge blessing. Here's a trivia question.. What player was signed with the scholarship that was freed up when Crookshank didn't qualify academically?

Yes sir. Schroeder was a really late sign (August) because Crookshank was in summer school trying to make grades and it came down to the last week before fall classes started. Huge blessing in disguise, even though Crookshank is a really good player.

Also, Brandon Veltri, a former student assistant and G.A. with Doug Oliver's crew was named head coach at Carroll College, effective August 1, so good for him as well.

ISUSID

Schroeder, from what I understand was being recruited by ISU for football as well.

I remember being excited about Crookshank because we all heard he could throw it down like a mad man. But, David Schroeder is my favorite Bengal hoopster of all time. Three major knee surgeries and he made it back all three times. He is one of the best overall athletes that ISU has or will ever see.

Agreed on Schroeder. He's a lock for the ISU Hall of fame in my opinion. Not only because of basketball. Most people don't realize he took 2nd one year in the Big Sky Conference decathlon.

Byron Williams, who played at ISU from 1980-1982, will be inducted into the Wenatchee Valley College Hall of Fame next week.

Williams was drafted by Washington (back when the NBA Draft had multi-rounds), and I believe he still holds the career FT % record at ISU.

He is currently a minister in Oakland, and he is a columnist for the Bay Area News Group...

As the only pastor/syndicated columnist in the country, Williams writes twice weekly column social/political column for the Oakland Tribune. His column appears in 10 publications and several progressive web sites across the country.

In addition, Williams has had articles appear in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Los Angeles Daily News, San Francisco Chronicle, Christianity Today, UK Guardian, Tikkun Magazine, and Public Theology. In 2005, he was voted by CityFlight magazine as one of the “30 Most Influential African Americans in the San Francisco Bay Area.”

Byron Williams

Latest posts

Back