• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Spring ball game Lets get 1000 fans

BengalSapper

The spring ball game is coming up on the 28th of April. I am planing on going and bring 12-14 friends. We are having a BBQ at my house and walking over to the Dome. I say we as Bengal fans do our best top get out the word bring friends and try to get people interested. I would like to see 1000 fans in the stands. I think that it is possible. I am curious to see what if any thing ISU is going to do. This is when ISU has to make and effort and make it happen.
I can think of 5 things that ISU should do that they have not done in the past.

1. Advertising! We have to get the word out if that means passing out flyers so be it. Spend some money and get some TV and radio adds.
2. Broadcast the game! Have KPVI help broadcast the game even if it is on public access that is a start. Maybe we can get cable one to put it on a unused channel. Have that game play over the summer and have people see it. Have VOTB call the game and broadcast it over the radio and internet. Get KBEAR to broadcast from the game at let people know what is going on.
3. Have deals on season tickets. If you by them at the spring game you save 10% or get a free shirt. Buy on get one free tickets for the Black Hills State game.
4. Get the band to play the band is always great.
5. Make this as close to a real game as you can tail gate, sell food, Bengal gear?

I am interested to see if the athletic department actual promotes, markets and makes this into event. I have seen over the years that most people did not even know the spring game was. Mr Tingey make this a priority. If ISU is not going to do anything they should let me know me and my friends will make it happen.

Love the enthusiasm BengalSapper. I'm planning a road trip to come up and see the game. Planning to bring a few friends and family as well.

One thing I'd like to see is Coach K and team make an effort to bring some of the local kids who signed their letter of intents invited to this game.

Why? Cuz they need to pass the fans eye test :thumb:
Also mingling with future teammates in April can only be a positive for the transition in they will undergo in August.

Just a reminder...the game was originally scheduled for 5:00 on April 28th, but has now been moved to a 1:00 p.m. start because of the annual Bengal Foundation Auction which starts at 5:30.

GO BENGALS!

I think Matt Gittens could certainly help out with the spreading of the word, especially if he is wearing some of his snazzy pants! :rofl: HE needs to get out on the streets and talk to people. let them know what where why and how to help! And of course there is the journal! This will be great! Would like to be involved so somebody tell me what to do! Good things are a coming!!! :thumb: GO BENGALS!!!

i think it will be tough for a lot of folks....having it at 1:00....i understand with the bengal foundation auction that night...but still tough for folks to get off of work.....

At the very least we will promote the heck out of the game but we are looking at possibly broadcasting it. I would say there is about a 60 percent chance of that actually happening. We’ll have a better idea of the likelihood of this in a couple of weeks.

KPVI Bengal Fan said:
At the very least we will promote the heck out of the game but we are looking at possibly broadcasting it. I would say there is about a 60 percent chance of that actually happening. We’ll have a better idea of the likelihood of this in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear, that would be great! I will be attending, I am sure our entire floor of the dorms will be there.

KPVI Bengal Fan said:

Keep us posted It would be awesome to get the Spring game on TV. If we can make it happen maybe we can get the Black Hills State game broadcast. Now we need the Athletic department to get things going I am keeping an eye out for advertising but have not seen any yet. Good work let me know if I can do anything to help. If you are planing on coming to the spring game and bringing friends post it on the board so we can start to get an idea of how many people will show.
:thumb:

Sapper +10

Call or write the Big Sky Conference to see if they'd broadcast it over the internet via Big Sky TV.

PBP

Latest posts

Back