• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Spring Ball

eagle11

I am ready for some spring football. Should be an interesting spring with the QB situation along with replacing some valuable WR and Safeties. First practice is Wednesday. Anybody going?

I don't know if I can make it out to practice on Wednesday, but I'll definitely be checking one out next week. Should be fun!

As posted on the old board...

Practices: Practices take place various days through April 29. Most practices are scheduled to start at 4 p.m. (media interviews at approximately 3:45 p.m. or after practice at about 6 p.m.). All practices take place on the EWU Sports and Recreation Center practice fields.

March 31 - Practice (no pads), 4 p.m.
April 1 - Practice (no pads), 4 p.m.
April 7 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 8 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 10 - Scrimmage, approx. 1 p.m., location TBA
April 13 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 14 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 16 - Practice (no pads), 4 p.m.
April 17 - Scrimmage, approx. 12:30 p.m., Woodward Field
April 20 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 21 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 24 - Red-White Spring Game, 2 p.m., Woodward Field
April 27 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 28 - Practice, 4 p.m.
April 29 - Practice, 4 p.m.

Scrimmages: Eastern is scheduled to scrimmage on Saturday, April 10 (approximately 1 p.m.) and Saturday, April 17 (approximately 12:30 p.m.), with locations to be determined based on field conditions. The annual Red-White Game will take place on Saturday, April 24 at 2 p.m. at Woodward Field in Cheney, Wash., in conjunction with Killin Weekend at EWU.

Injured Eagles: Players not expected to take part in spring practices because of injuries include Matt Johnson (shoulder), Ethen Robinson (shoulder), Jakob Pugsley (knee) and Jakob Scott (collarbone). Other players who are questionable and/or will be limited in the spring include Bryce Leahy (knee), Zach Gehring (shoulder) and Ronnie Hamlin (knee). All-American Taiwan Jones, who had surgery in December to repair a sports hernia, will also see limited action in the spring as he continues to build strength from injuries to both shoulders and a hand during his debut as a running back in 2009. Johnson and Gehring also had surgeries following the season, and Hamlin and Robinson have also previously had operations.

Off topic but heard that EWU raised enough money for the red turf and it will be in before the Montana game for sure! BUT they still need a lot more cash for the video score boards for both EWU basketball and EWU football. I believe they have almost half for the basketball video scoreboard and didn't even start yet on the football video score board. Making very likely they will be in place for 2011 (hopefully).

So please donate if you can...every little bit adds up.

NickEag said:
Off topic but heard that EWU raised enough money for the red turf and it will be in before the Montana game for sure! BUT they still need a lot more cash for the video score boards for both EWU basketball and EWU football. I believe they have almost half for the basketball video scoreboard and didn't even start yet on the football video score board. Making very likely they will be in place for 2011 (hopefully).

So please donate if you can...every little bit adds up.

Expect the turf AND a video scoreboard to be installed by next season. The administration plans to install them both as part of the same project. The funds for the project are about 95% there, so donate if you can afford it. Every little bit helps!

Latest posts

Back