• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Spring practice preview

Skippy

Including Kramer quotes that will fire you up. :thumb:
http://Www.isubengals.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article states that CJ Hatchett will back up KW Williams at the slot, which means less and less playing time for Kai Campbell. Too bad, because I think he's a pretty good FB player -- at least he was in high school.

boisebengal said:
The article states that CJ Hatchett will back up KW Williams at the slot, which means less and less playing time for Kai Campbell. Too bad, because I think he's a pretty good FB player -- at least he was in high school.
Depth is a good thing. It makes for better special teams, for one thing.

Kyle Franko has written a preview of spring ball as well. It appears ISU has found a (traditional) punter...

- P Sean Cheney, fr.

Idaho State has utilized the roll punt in the past, and it has frustrated fans because it doesn’t result in booming 60-yard kicks that can reverse poor field position or consistently pin an opponent deep in its own territory.

Kramer, who coordinates the special teams, loves the roll punt because it’s easy to run a fake and limits a defense’s chances for a return.

But ISU roll punter C.J. Reyes graduated, and the Bengals don’t have a ready-to-go replacement.

Enter: Sean Cheney.

Cheney is a walk-on punter from Atlanta, who served an LDS mission in Pocatello and decided to stick around. He isn’t just any walk-on, either. Cheney, Kramer says, was recruited by Georgia Tech out of high school.

“It’s a huge philosophy change. … Until I find someone who can roll punt again, we’ll go back to the traditional punt. It makes me sad. It makes me terribly sad,” Kramer said. “It’s surrendering. With roll punt, it’s never surrendering.”

Read more: ISJ's Kyle Franko: Spring Into Action

I’m happy to see a traditional punter coming to ISU! I know Coach Kramer feels like it’s surrendering on 4th down but to me it seems a lot easier, more of a surprise anyway, to fake a traditional punt than a roll out punt. Have the Bengals executed a successful roll out punt fake for a first down since Kramer has been here? Maybe, but I know we've given up a lot of great returns with the roll out punt. It just seems like in most circumstances - “discretion is the better part of valor” – especially when you play half your games, or more, in a dome. A booming punt can be a great offensive weapon.

I’m nowhere near the football mind that Coach Kramer is but I’m really happy to see a drop back punter coming in. :clap:

Latest posts

Back