• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Still Looking for a Punter

Skippy

In an interview at the Big Sky kickoff today, Mike Kramer said Sean Cheney, who was slated to be ISU's punter this year, tore his ACL this summer. The coaching staff is now looking for another option.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/kylefranko/video-idaho-state-s-mike-kramer-and-xavier-finney-at/article_a0d3655a-2f0b-11e5-b31c-af98005092a5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skippy said:
In an interview at the Big Sky kickoff today, Mike Kramer said Sean Cheney, who was slated to be ISU's punter this year, tore his ACL this summer. The coaching staff is now looking for another option.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/kylefranko/video-idaho-state-s-mike-kramer-and-xavier-finney-at/article_a0d3655a-2f0b-11e5-b31c-af98005092a5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That would explain this Tweet from yesterday...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UnderRecruited/status/622934072181030916[/tweet]

Why is it that we give out full scholarships to incoming freshmen QB's, redshirt them, and wait to see them play in 2 or 3 years BUT we cannot give out a full scholarship to a Traditional Style Punter that adds value to the program right away for 4 years? We have a very good Long Snapper so why is it that we cannot offer a full scholarship to a Traditional Punter? I believe we need to give our defense better field position this year when we punt and a traditional punt gives you more hang time and distance more so than a roll punt. I guess some will say Kramer does not like giving a full scholarship to a traditional punter and some will say that a roll punt is just as effective as a traditional punter. I say, watch opposing defenses try to block roll punters punts or watch roll punts go short distances. I can hear it now from votb during his broadcast, "well, not much of a punt and again we give up field position for our defense" or "the punt was blocked".

probably 15 people on the team can long snap

if kramer thinks he needs a punter he'll get one.... jeez - keep your panties on

I enjoyed Kramer's response of " if we don't have a punter, I guess we will never punt". He was being sarcastic, but I think there's a little truth in most lies.

This is when you wish you had a men's soccer team to go out and grab and a punter from.

Latest posts

Back