• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Student Crowd at home games

Bengal Roar

The student crowd and noise absolutely SUCKS at home games! When you have 50-100 fans from USU louder and more obnoxious then our 2-3000 fans? C'mon fans we got a big problem. Lets even put the blame on ALL ISU fans in general. We are pathetic. Football games and BB games the opposing teams (Montana's and Weber) their fans are a whole lot louder in our house. Can someone give a 101fan class on how to be a loud and supportive fan? This is getting old. This problem will stay the same unless someone speaks up to the fans and especially to the students. The other teams try to intimidate at their place and now we are letting them come into our place to try to intimidate us. I do give some props to Super for doing what he does. ie. The chasing down of the MSU fan and grabbing the flag out of his hands. That will be a classic.

Perhaps it's the cost and trouble for a student to enter a game. It's tough work pulling out the Bengal Card! :roll:
Even when the teams were winning (i.e. last year's women's b-ball) student fans were few and far between. The few that show up for the Men's B-ball games stand and then chat with each other. They may be standing but that's all there is - no yelling no screaming no nothing. Great job of blocking the view of others.
How is the chemistry between the athletes and the "regular" students? Can anyone provide any input on that issue?
Too bad the men don't play in the Reed Gym. Fill the house, make it noisy and rocking. It's a much better atmosphere than the Dome. Dome is too big, too dark, too sterile, and a big warehouse. Lousy basketball atmosphere - period.

Trust me, I have nights where I literally want to strangle other students for not making any noise. No, I will not retract that. It's total BULLSHIT that we don't make enough noise. Oh, there are a few who do; I was right by them at the USU game, they come every game and they're always in the very front, yelling at the opposing team. They have the right idea. Too bad the majority of the others don't.

Maybe these kids think it's uncool to do something at a game other than socialize. They're much more concerned with looking good, partying here and there and overall are way to aloof to care.

I want more people painted up, I want more people yelling and cheering. God, I'd even advocate turning Reed and Holt into snake pits if that's what it takes! "Enter into evil" Machiavelli says. So be it! :evil:

On a further note, I don't think it's very hard to get to a game. Schedule in advance, if work is the problem! Don't give me the study excuse, either! I have a helluva lot of time to study, no matter how many games in a week there are! You can take 2-3 hours off from your life to be a part of something!

isusuperfan said:
I want more people painted up, I want more people yelling and cheering.

I actually have to agree with you on this one. Quite frankly superfan, you shouldn't stand out nearly as much as you do for screaming, yelling, and being painted up. There should be AT LEAST a couple hundred others who are up and yelling and acting crazy.

I know at the school where I did my undergrad, it was a totally different atmosphere... There were groups of us who would get painted up for games. You would have blended right in.

Shoot, being wild and crazy at games was a blast because that was the entire atmosphere... nobody in the student section sat down. Everyone was hoarse by the end of games... and our teams were terrible.

Unfortunately, that energetic atmosphere doesn't seem to be the atmosphere at ISU. Not sure how to change that other than bringing a few noisy friends. Maybe a cocktail hour before the game? :P

I'm certainly not going to attempt to defend the students when it comes to game support, but I must point out that the BYU game was held after classes let out for T-Giving, and the Utah State game after the Christmas break started, so you have to realistically admit there were many that went home that might ordinarily have attended. Frankly, I was surprised at the number that DID turn out for those games. And there's no doubt the win-loss record afffects overall attendance, regarddless of the fact we literally have played THE TOUGHEST schedule in the entire nation to date.

And votb is right! Those fans who go absolutely crazy, no matter the outcome of the game, will always:

a.) Be a part of something
b.) Feel a lot better about a loss (cuz everyone was involved)
c.) Actually have fun and get some stress off their backs
d.) Have great memories, besides finals, beer and sex (had to include that one, it's college...)

Latest posts

Back