• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Suggestions for EWU fans traveling to JSU

Suggestions for EWU fans traveling to JSU
ATLANTA AIRPORT
The Atlanta Airport is about 20 minutes southwest of the city just inside I-285 which circles Atlanta.
DRIVING IN ATLANTA
Traffic is congested at best. If you can avoid driving into the city, do it.
ATLANTA SIGHTSEEING
If you have an extra day and want to sightsee in Atlanta, then I suggest you go to the Centennial Park area. CNN tours, College Football Hall of Fame, Coca-Cola Museum, Georgia Aquarium, and National Center Civil and Human Rights are ALL within walking distance. You probably can do two, and a max of three of these in one day.
If you are going to spend more than one day sightseeing, a City Pass might make financial sense.
https://www.citypass.com/atlanta
ATLANTA HOTELS
If you just insist on staying in the city of Atlanta, book a hotel in the Centennial Park area. Be prepared for traffic getting there, but you will be within walking distance of many restaurants and tourist sights once you check in.
However my recommendation would be to stay at one of the MANY hotels around the airport. If you are going to sightsee in Atlanta, you can avoid the traffic by taking the MARTA train into the city. ALL of the major airport hotels run a shuttle to and from the airport and the MARTA station is right beside the main concourse.
MARTA
https://www.itsmarta.com/
Take the FREE hotel shuttle to the airport. Get on the GOLD Line at the airport and take it to the Five Points Station. The Five Points Station is where all the lines converge. Get off at Five Points Station and take the BLUE line west one (1) stop to Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center. You are within a short walk of all the sightseeing destinations.
GETTING FROM THE AIRPORT TO JSU
This is my best piece of advice. When you leave the airport take Camp Creek Parkway. It turns into Thornton Road and that turns into Hwy 278. Hwy 278 takes you all the way to Piedmont, Alabama. Hwy 278 makes a right turn at a 4-way-stop as you approach Piedmont. Go about 2-3 more miles and turn left onto Alabama Hwy 21. Hwy 21 goes directly to JSU. Total drive time is about 2½ hours.
Yes, you have read this right. You can get from the Atlanta Airport to JSU in two turns.
LODGING AND SIGHTSEEING OUTSIDE METRO ATLANTA
I would recommend you consider Rome, Georgia. Whether you are making the trip just for the game or you are going to spend a couple of extra days in the region, it is a convenient choice. Use the same directions as “Airport to JSU” except when you reach Rockmart, GA on Hwy 278, right turn onto Hwy 101. That takes you directly to Rome. It is about a 1½ hour drive from the airport.
Consider staying at the Hawthorne Suites or the Marriott Courtyard. Both are on the river and short walking distances from a vibrant downtown area with lots of great local eating establishments. If you have an extra day visit Berry College and their Martha Berry Museum. If you are into Cherokee Indian History the Chieftains Museum Major Ridge Home is solid.
https://romegeorgia.org/
To get from Rome to JSU for the game just take Hwy 27 South to Cedartown. Turn right onto Highway 278 and then use the same directions as “Airport to JSU”. Total drive time is 1½ hours.
If you are going to spend a couple extra days in the region, these other towns/sights are a half hour drive of Rome.
1. Cave Spring. Small town, think Mayberry, it is quite the tourist destination.
2. Cartersville. Two OUTSTANDING museums. Booth Museum of Western Art is world class and includes a wonderful Hall of Presidents. The Tellus Science Museum is also really good.
VISITING JSU
You will be pleasantly surprised by the Gameday experience at JSU. Our fan base is very supportive of our team, but very welcoming of visiting fans. You will be treated well on the "Friendliest Campus in the South", so arrive early and mingle at the tailgating around campus.
Consider purchasing Club Level Seats for the game. This will need to be done by Wednesday of game week, as these seats are not available at the gate. Although a little more expensive, you get a lot of extras - buffet meal, unlimited sodas and snacks, air conditioned area with TV's, nice restrooms, and chairback home side reserved seating for the game - again our fans are friendly. It is a first class experience, especially for the FSC. Our Marching Band is also pretty impressive live, so get to your seat in time for pre-game and stick around for their post-game performance.
If you don’t want to pay the premium seat price, just purchase general admission tickets. Arrive a little early and grab “chairback” seats in the center section of the visitors side – all other general admission seats are bleacher style.
https://jsugamecocks.universitytickets.com/w/default.aspx

Welcome, and thanks for putting this info together.

I'm not sure how many Eagle fans are planning on attending, but for their sake, we ask that your players keep their shirts on. Thank you.

Screamin_Eagle174 said:

I'm not sure how many Eagle fans are planning on attending, but for their sake, we ask that your players keep their shirts on. Thank you.

lol....The only positive to come from the video is I can now tell my wife with a straight face, that even though I am a 60+ year old man, I still have the chiseled chest of a D-1 athlete.

onefansopinion said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:

lol....The only positive to come from the video is I can now tell my wife with a straight face, that even though I am a 60+ year old man, I still have the chiseled chest of a D-1 athlete.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bravo

You just got here and are already earning your keep!

Hey JSU fan, as far as tickets it seems you either buy a Club level or general admission, correct? Are all of the GA seats just benches, nothing in the middle? Which side is the visitor side?
Thanks, we're looking forward to the trip.

This game's not on my schedule, however if you're arriving a day early or leaving a day or two after this game, you might enjoy zipping down to nearby Columbus to visit the incredible U.S. Army 1775 to Present Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. Many former and future Eastern Cadets have, and will continue to receive their advanced training at its Infantry, Airborne and Ranger Schools. Go Fighting Eagle Battalion! Go Army!

clawman said:
Hey JSU fan, as far as tickets it seems you either buy a Club level or general admission, correct? Are all of the GA seats just benches, nothing in the middle? Which side is the visitor side?
Thanks, we're looking forward to the trip.

Club Level and general admission are the only ticket options. Club Level must be purchased in advance, usually by Wednesday of game week. You can save a couple of bucks per general admission ticket if you buy on-line prior to game day.

The North Side of the Stadium is the visitors side. If you sit in section D or E you have a chair back seat, are in the middle of the visitors side between the 40’s, and they are general admission seats. Because of their prime location, if there is a large crowd, these seats tend to fill up by about 30 minutes before kickoff. There are some JSU fans who will sit in this section because of its prime location. All other general admission seats, both home side and visitor, are benches.

A quick FYI regarding the game. It is Band Day. Depending on the weather there will be close to 2,000 high school band kids and about as many parents/chaperones. It is not unusual for the total crowd to be around 20k in our 25k stadium that day.

60s Savage said:
This game's not on my schedule, however if you're arriving a day early or leaving a day or two after this game, you might enjoy zipping down to nearby Columbus to visit the incredible U.S. Army 1775 to Present Infantry Museum at Fort Benning. Many former and future Eastern Cadets have, and will continue to receive their advanced training at its Infantry, Airborne and Ranger Schools. Go Fighting Eagle Battalion! Go Army!

JSU has an outstanding Army ROTC program. The cadets present the colors during pre-game and do push-ups in the end zone after Gamecock scores - hopefully Y’all will not deny them at least some PT that day.

If you are an EWU fan making the trip and you served in any Branch, but especially the Army, consider wearing something that identifies you as active duty or retired military. You will almost certainly be thanked several times for your service to our country.

onefansopinion said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:

This is Golden on a multitude of levels!! If the game is half as good as that exchange we're in for a treat.

giphy.gif

Greetings, Eagles fans. I've been looking forward to this game since the series was announced. My wife and I had a great time at Roos for the 2013 quarterfinal game; we were welcomed warmly by EWU fans, including some posters here. We're eager to return the hospitality.

For those of you who are making the trip, safe travels and welcome to Jacksonville. You'll be visiting a Cheney-sized town that doesn't have a Spokane nearby, but does have three larger small towns within a 15-to-30-minute drive. You've likely already made your travel arrangements, so I won't bother with hotel suggestions. Food, though: On game day, hit Cooter Brown's Rib Shack and/or Struts (and Struts is within walking distance of the stadium). Another option: Just show up in Eagles attire anywhere you see folks tailgating, and you'll likely be fed and "watered."

That goes for our tailgate, too. Look for us across from the sand volleyball court in front of Stephenson Hall. Ours is the tent with flags flying from each corner. We'll start early in the morning, but break down by 1 p.m. when the gates open to get our preferred GA seats. We'll be the loud people with our backs against the railing in the middle of Section S. It's a great spot from which to watch the band at halftime, and our group is all band alums. If there's a post-game performance, feel free to join us there if you're not too sore over losing the game.

Curious from the Jax State folks, how do you feel about this game? As a realist, I'm pretty nervous for Eastern. Eastern looks great on paper, but it hasn't really been translating to great performances on the field. And, as it is par for the course at Eastern, we're already pretty banged up. The guy expected to be our top DT (as well as one of our DBs who has healed and is playing) was attacked in a random shooting this Summer and has yet to see the field. Our best LB also went down this last weekend. It's making a defense that isn't playing well even more challenged.

I haven't seen JSU play this year, but it looks like the offense was a lot more balanced against the Mocs than it was against SELA. I'd sort of expect that balance to be out of whack against Eastern as we have been giving up a lot of yards in the air, and your good QB and WRs might have a big day.

LDopaPDX said:
Curious from the Jax State folks, how do you feel about this game? As a realist, I'm pretty nervous for Eastern. Eastern looks great on paper, but it hasn't really been translating to great performances on the field. And, as it is par for the course at Eastern, we're already pretty banged up. The guy expected to be our top DT (as well as one of our DBs who has healed and is playing) was attacked in a random shooting this Summer and has yet to see the field. Our best LB also went down this last weekend. It's making a defense that isn't playing well even more challenged.

I haven't seen JSU play this year, but it looks like the offense was a lot more balanced against the Mocs than it was against SELA. I'd sort of expect that balance to be out of whack against Eastern as we have been giving up a lot of yards in the air, and your good QB and WRs might have a big day.

Yes we did appear to make positive strides from game 1 to 2. However, we are very young and inexperienced across both lines. Our coach has so little confidence in our kicker to put it through the uprights that we didn’t even attempt a field goal last night, instead going for it on fourth down inside the 35 on three different occasions.

How do we feel about the game? Let’s just acknowledge the “elephant in the room”. We have had virtually no success in recent years against quality OOC opponents. EWU is a quality OOC opponent.

We will turn out in large numbers to support our team, but we are certainly not confident that we will walk away with a win.

LDopaPDX said:

I have no confidence in our game plans on defense or offense. Our games are won and lost on big plays. There will probably be a lot of those tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see 100 points put up.

Hey jaxfans,
What is your favorite bbq in this area? I need beer with my bbq and would like some tv's for other games.

Latest posts

Back