• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Tennessee coming to the Pavilion

bigskyconf

Lady Vols will play at PSU on 12-21-19. From Andy Jobanek, goviks.com

https://goviks.com/news/2019/6/24/WBB_20190624.aspx

Interesting. Tennessee is pairing Portland State with Stanford that week.

I was wondering if it was a policy like some schools that try to travel at least once to the home state of their recruits (if they hang around 4 years). But they missed their chance with Mercedes Russell (Springfield, and now with Seattle Storm), and Evina Westbrook (South Salem) just transferred to Connecticut. Which, I guess, is another way of saying that they do recruit around here.

Next game, the big one with Tennessee. Regardless of the outcome of the Lady Vols game with Stanford, this is a great opportunity for the Viks. Tennessee's only loss so far was against Texas and they have already beaten Notre Dame at South Bend. On a side note, we seem to be coming together as a team. We have won our last 5 games, but this is a step up in competition.

We should at least be able to steal some of the spotlight from the Ducks and Beavers this weekend.

It took Tennessee a quarter... and I'm not sure "foul mood" ever really took hold.

Workmanlike, decent passing, definitely a size advantage on Portland State. But they're not beating Oregon if that matchup happens in March.

Portland State definitely has some character players... and maybe a character or two as well. Missing Bolston more than anyone. What Desirae Hansen can do in Big Sky play, well, not so much against the ranked... but she still deserves a cult following in this town.

Pounder said:
But they're not beating Oregon if that matchup happens in March.

Not too many teams are going to beat Oregon this year. For that matter, not too many are going to beat Oregon State, either. It would be nice if we win the conference tournament again so we can join both of them in the Dance.

bigskyconf said:
Pounder said:
But they're not beating Oregon if that matchup happens in March.

Not too many teams are going to beat Oregon this year. For that matter, not too many are going to beat Oregon State, either. It would be nice if we win the conference tournament again so we can join both of them in the Dance.

And I wouldn't completely dismiss that possibility, either.

:troll: Size sometimes matters. When your outrebounded by 30 it is really hard to outscore your opponent. We won't face that in the little sky. happy holidays

Latest posts

Back