• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The Bengal Offense: "It's a Mystery"

Spearmint Rhino

VOTB, your words tonight - not mine!

Glad to see us get a win, but we are IN TROUBLE when league play starts if we don't get this solved!

votb, would you kindly give us your thoughts on what you think O'Brien is trying to achieve on offense? What is his "system," (if he actually has one)?

Thanks. :|

Yes Rhino, I DID say that tonight about ISU's offense during the last 8 minutes of the first half when they managed just one basket and two free throws. But during the other 32 minutes they scored 57 points...putting points on the board on most of their possessions...fairly effective. But those slumps that seem to pop up at least once a game are indeed "a mystery", and even Joe said during the postgame he doesn't know the reason. I'm sure if you have the answer to the "droughts", the players and staff would appreciate hearing it.

Seriously, I'm sure if we had a couple of true point guards it might help. But Sherrod is still pretty green, and Kal and Row and Matt are all 2's at best. Kal was the least productive tonight, and Donnie's break-out might mean less time for Kal if DC can stay consistent. There's no doubt that Donnie's emergence had a huge impact on the 2nd half. I think Joe is still waiting for the real leaders to step up...and tonight may have been a turning point.

We'll know more Thursday after the No. Colorado game...but I'm certainly NOT the answer man, I just have opinions.

I talked to a former ISU athletic official last night after the game about our offense. He said he had been to some practices and could tell what the staff was trying to get the kids to do. Its just that in game situations, they don't do it. I suspect the offense is much harder to run when faced with more athletic opponents. Even the last play last night was apparently set up to go to Busma but broke down. Morgan got the ball in a free lance move. If I knew more about basketball I would give the gospel to all on this but, alas I don't have the knowledge. Tatum played with energy for a while and just missed shots. Donny Carson looked to score the ball. We turned it over in critical situations. Idaho is much improved. Morgan could use a right hand. Beyond that the whole game is a mystery to me. I am in awe that we have been close in some of our games. I just don't beleive we are that talented. Go Bengals!

one thing I noticed last night was that our picks are really soft, a player sets a pick in the lane but when the defensive player approaches, they turn their shoulders and let the guy through. On the positive side, I thought we did a better job of moving the ball around and finding an open shooter at least a few times.

Latest posts

Back